These Nuggets Were Not Bashful

mn90403

I took a break today from the remodeling of the apartment to go out and swing.  I hit a 'new' spot first and then a couple of old spots.  I found the .22 lead and #6 shot gun bbs.

When I took a break I decided to use JP's booster for the first time.  I hooked it on my hat and attached it to the WM12.  I had the Zed on 12 and 13 on the volumes.  When I put on the booster I moved both of them back to 8 and went about my detecting.  I took the threshold down from 27 to 25 and had audio smoothing on high.  It was in semi-auto based upon what I read recently.

The sound with the power from the booster is more full.  I liked it and of course I could turn it louder than I needed.

I was detecting near a previous deep scrape when I heard another piece of trash scream at me.  When scooping it all the bigs were gone and no wire and out jumped the little nugget (.16g)  I slowed down and got another one a 2" and it was a little bigger at .24g.  After a bit of a grid I heard one under a little bush and that one was 5 inches for .6g.  All three were in a 20x20 ft area and found within 30 minutes.  Nothing else was found for the day.

Later I used the booster with the 2300 on the same location and could not find any more.  I had to use an external speaker this time because it is very uncomfortable with the short wire of the booster then the connection to the headphones.  The 2300 is an odd thing to swing on a bungy anyway.  It did make it so I could hear it clearly.

Anyway ... 3 nuggets, 1 g.  A fun day.

IMG_20171125_220558.jpg