First Run With My Equinox

Skate

3 minutes ago, bado1 said:

Excellent report, Skate! 

My first hunt was much the same as yours... minus the two silvers ( I did find a silver plated spoon). In 2.5 hours I found 50 non ferrous targets most of which were coins! Super trashy site. The Equinox is unbelievably fast. When the threshold is brought up (Park 2) you truly can hear everything in the ground including the nulls in the threshold from disc'ed iron. I'm looking forward to my next hunt.

IMG_0082.jpg.a9c852727da78b43104a1ca2e9859d50.jpg

Dean

Awesome job! I'm just curious. Do you feel like you hear things differently with the Nox? 

Yes. As you stated..."you seem to hear everything". There is no "smearing" or "blending/bleeding" of tones. The Equinox is so fast that it seems to report everything as it's own "separate" tone. I used to believe that I liked the Blendy/Bleedy tones of the Nokta Core/Relic/Impact (I've had all three). Well, after using the Equinox just once, I can say that I no longer care for the Blendy/Bleedy tones anymore. Truly eye (ear) opening. Steve had mentioned this early on in his testing and he was right. The speed of which the Equinox can report each target as a single "snap shot" is astounding and, as such,  gives us a clearer picture of what is in the ground.

Dean

1 hour ago, bado1 said:

Yes. As you stated..."you seem to hear everything". There is no "smearing" or "blending/bleeding" of tones. The Equinox is so fast that it seems to report everything as it's own "separate" tone. I used to believe that I liked the Blendy/Bleedy tones of the Nokta Core/Relic/Impact (I've had all three). Well, after using the Equinox just once, I can say that I no longer care for the Blendy/Bleedy tones anymore. Truly eye (ear) opening. Steve had mentioned this early on in his testing and he was right. The speed of which the Equinox can report each target as a single "snap shot" is astounding and, as such,  gives us a clearer picture of what is in the ground.

Dean

Blendy bleedy in a heavily polluted site never really worked for me.  What you guys are saying has me giddy like a young school girl. LOL

Skate,

Thanks.  Exactly what I was looking for.  I now have two Deus/Equinox user reports that are similar.  Mine is showing up soon so I can't wait to run it through its paces.  I get your "brain" target discrimination (left to right) description. 

3 hours ago, Jackpine said:

Blendy bleedy in a heavily polluted site never really worked for me.  What you guys are saying has me giddy like a young school girl. LOL

Yep there is no blend. When it chirps there is a reason. It's telling you something. 

The results of my second hunt in two very polluted sites. One site is an Indian Wars era Calvary Camp that has been extensively hunted by multiple machines. It had stopped "giving up the goodies" so I hadn't been back there in a while. The other site is an old CCC camp ground so polluted with aluminum and iron trash that the E-Trac's threshold would just go null for entire swings. The three ringers and black powder rim fire cases came from the Calvary Camp the coins from the CCC camp. I hunted in Park 2, multi freq, 50 tones, IB 2, recovery speed 4. 50 tones gives that wonderful high "silver warble" on the high conductors. If you are familiar with the E-Trac/CTX you know what I mean!

IMG_0084.jpg.ad6151a5791fb5dd271e56557531bd8d.jpgIMG_0085.jpg.002bfb236de48580fc12a55919d42a87.jpg

Zinc pennies come in so consistently at 20-21 that I stopped digging them knowing what they were. The deformed three ringer appears to have been purposely smashed in to a square shape at the bottom  (so it could stand up) and flattened at the top and then shot.

Skate, I don't mean to hijack your thread. Thought this was relevant to the early days of the Nox hunts. Thanks!

Dean

I'm expecting to receive my EQ800 soon but in the meantime I have a question. I've noticed that most of the early reports seem to indicate that most folks are using Park 2 (or Field 2) as their main setting.  If I read the manual correctly, Park 2 is supposedly a bit more sensitive and deeper, but Park 1 is weighted more toward the lower frequencies in Multi.  In other words, Park 1 should be a better choice if the primary goal is to find silver coins/jewelry.  I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this or has tested this out.

Nice silver, Bado1!  Your results in polluted ground are very encouraging.  In particular, thanks for detailing your settings.  What is 'IB2'?  If that's not some kind of ground balance mode, what ground balance method were you using?

6 hours ago, bado1 said:

The results of my second hunt in two very polluted sites. One site is an Indian Wars era Calvary Camp that has been extensively hunted by multiple machines. It had stopped "giving up the goodies" so I hadn't been back there in a while. The other site is an old CCC camp ground so polluted with aluminum and iron trash that the E-Trac's threshold would just go null for entire swings. The three ringers and black powder rim fire cases came from the Calvary Camp the coins from the CCC camp. I hunted in Park 2, multi freq, 50 tones, IB 2, recovery speed 4. 50 tones gives that wonderful high "silver warble" on the high conductors. If you are familiar with the E-Trac/CTX you know what I mean!

IMG_0084.jpg.ad6151a5791fb5dd271e56557531bd8d.jpgIMG_0085.jpg.002bfb236de48580fc12a55919d42a87.jpg

Zinc pennies come in so consistently at 20-21 that I stopped digging them knowing what they were. The deformed three ringer appears to have been purposely smashed in to a square shape at the bottom  (so it could stand up) and flattened at the top and then shot.

Skate, I don't mean to hijack your thread. Thought this was relevant to the early days of the Nox hunts. Thanks!

Dean

No worries! Glad to see you’re having fun and doing well. Keep it up! 

5 hours ago, StevenB said:

I'm expecting to receive my EQ800 soon but in the meantime I have a question. I've noticed that most of the early reports seem to indicate that most folks are using Park 2 (or Field 2) as their main setting.  If I read the manual correctly, Park 2 is supposedly a bit more sensitive and deeper, but Park 1 is weighted more toward the lower frequencies in Multi.  In other words, Park 1 should be a better choice if the primary goal is to find silver coins/jewelry.  I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this or has tested this out.

I first hunted in Park2 because I somehow put it in park 2 to begin with.  I was so anxious to get hunting I kept it there. To be completely honest I applied no logic to it and just got going. I’ve only got 4.5 hours on it total so m about 50-60 hours away from saying I’m a proficient user.