Chuck’s Equinox Stand

The stand looks very nice, no doubt about it, but to be honest, I have to admit that the EQ800 stand is one of the best stock engineered stands for not falling over I've ever used.

Every detector I've ever had in the past, be it Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics, Makro, Nokta, Garrett, doesn't really matter, they all tip over, so very easily, so I'd about given up on a detector maker actually making a stand that actually stood the machine up.  With the EQ it's darn near impossible for the detector to fall over.  Heck even in the back of my vehicle it stays upright the entire ride and let's just say I'm not a gentle driver - lol

I had a stand like the one the one shown for my Sov, yes it works, and maybe it's just me, but the less junk I have attached to my detector, the lighter it is, not to mention the ergonomics are better, and it's not getting tangled up on anything.

Just now, Cal_Cobra said:

The stand looks very nice, no doubt about it, but to be honest, I have to admit that the EQ800 stand is one of the best stock engineered stands for not falling over I've ever used.

Every detector I've ever had in the past, be it Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics, Makro, Nokta, Garrett, doesn't really matter, they all tip over, so very easily, so I'd about given up on a detector maker actually making a stand that actually stood the machine up.  With the EQ it's darn near impossible for the detector to fall over.  Heck even in the back of my vehicle it stays upright the entire ride and let's just say I'm not a gentle driver - lol

I had a stand like the one the one shown for my Sov, yes it works, and maybe it's just me, but the less junk I have attached to my detector, the lighter it is, not to mention the ergonomics are better, and it's not getting tangled up on anything.

+1. The factory stand is great!

Dean

Nice design and better at the very top than further down, for helping balance. I have to make something that folds in so it fits nicely in its tennis racket bag ( my Equinox folds in half) 

If you take out the screw out the bottom of the Equinox stand my stand stays with the bottom half of the Equinox stand. You don’t have to cut ties to split the Equinox stand.

I too don’t need the stand I made at this time. I do believe I will have a need for it if and when Minelab come out with the 6” coil, That’s unless it too have a large flat side like the coil we have now.

I guess at this time you could say I’m putting the cart before the horse. The thing is it will be just like the GM 1000 with it’s small coils and it’s top heavy. When you put it down on a slope without the wide stand it’s going to fall over.

I’m just correcting the problem before I need too.

Chuck

The picture below just shows that you can remove the screw and my stand stays with the bottom half if it helps to store in your case to carry it.

74E4D223-32B7-44C4-BAA4-E12C797FFE25.jpeg