Cashed My Equinox Clad In At Coinstar

Norm S

6 minutes ago, fredmason said:

I don't mind paying them to take my dirty money...I did learn to give it a quick wash or the coin machine gets cranky-and so does the store manager...

fred

Coinstar yield is increased with a tumble in a cheap Harbor Freight tumbler.  You can then give them a final sort and you don't have to steel wool a bunch of them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

Coinstar yield is increased with a tumble in a cheap Harbor Freight tumbler.  You can then give them a final sort and you don't have to steel wool a bunch of them.

seconded...

Steve

• Like 1

Steve I have dug quarters, dimes and pennies at 12" and I don't like digging deep but I can't resist a good signal.. I always ask myself if need a mining permit when I dig deep coins. I been mostly hitting newer parks but am going to start a new place this week that is over 50 years old so there should be silver there,  I just love the thrill of the hunt and the more I use the Equinox the better I learn what it is telling me. I had some masked quarters today but I knew there was a quarter there even though the 29- 30 wasn't the dominant signal. It bounced from 22 -24 with an occasional 29 -30.. The edge of the coil is so hot it was picking up a penny 2" from the edge of it and the penny was shallow and the quarter was 8" plus. I never could center the quarter for a dominant signal but I knew it was there. I knew there was something at 8" from the center of my plug because my pinpointer went haywire when I laid it down.. I moved it and dug my plug and found the quarter then picked up the detector and hit the penny at 23- 24 about 8" away and 2 inches deep. The penny signal was so strong it almost masked out the quarter. That happened about 3 times today..

Norm -- I hear you.  When I have that situation, I try to clear out that shallow one first, so it stops confusing me!  This machine has the hottest coil edges I've ever seen...but I have a feeling it is part of what helps with the unmasking.  Just a hunch...

Steve

• Like 1

Steve I am getting used to it but at 73 yrs old I don't always feel like dropping for a penny especially if I have already dropped 10 - 15 times for pennies. I will however always drop for a mixed signal. I know I may miss some stuff in the low 20's but that's the risk I take. I been digging a lot of brass in the 31 range and 34-35 range and it really excites me but it's been brass. I am hitting a carnival stop this morning. I doubt which I will find much because the surface drops will have been picked up by Carnies but I hope to find an elusive ring in the grass. Was there for about 10 minutes yesterday and found a rubber Duckie and $2.50

I have found a lot of cans at 12" and they ring hard. Most cans I can detect by raising my coil but some just fool me. 

I laid out a bunch of my wifes gold and she has it from 10k to 18k.. I got signals all over the place depend on the karat and size. So I guess gold is where you find it and how much your willing to dig for it.. If I was 30 yrs younger I would dig it all

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I always check the discharge at those coinstar machines.  Found a 1929 wheatie in really good shape.  Makes me wonder what other good coins passed thru.  I just took $80.08 in clad I found so far to the bank and deposited in my checking account.  I can't see giving coinstar 10%.

On 4/30/2018 at 1:16 AM, Norm S said:

I cashed in my clad at coinstar this afternoon. I have had my 800 for 6 weeks and my 600 for about 3 weeks. 

I cashed in at coinstar for a total of $172.66.. I had quit counting what I had after I knew I had almost $100 but never dreamed I had as much as I had. 

I have to admit I hit a cpl awesome parks and even though they had been hunted recently I cleaned up. I actually believe there is more at the one park but in an area I gridded I only found about $3 in two hours. In an area the other guy missed I found $9 in clad in a 30' x 30' area bordered by a sidewalk. 

I also hunted 3 other areas that I had hit really hard with both my Etrac and V3i. One soccer field that I took over $100 out of the past cpl of years I must have really cleaned it out because I found 3 cents. Another area I had hit hard with the Etrac before i got the Equinox. That area I found 40 cents. The last area which was a park that is hunted all the time I found 70 cents in 3 hours.

I hunted an old soccer field yesterday and everything was deep.I had been there with my Etrac and only found a cpl of dimes and a nickel. Everything I found was 8" or more with the exception of a cpl surface pennies. I pulled out $3.48 in about 2 hours.. I have a cpl more places on my radar as well. I like hunting parks that others have hunted because it makes me feel the Equinox is superior to other detectors but in reality I think it the person that was detecting didn't know his detector very well.

I also have 2 silver rings and a silver pendent. 

Well done . I can only imagine how many 1 Cents amongst that lot .

I bank mine as soon as possible , so far this year with the Nox its £230.23p out of a total for year so far of £843.22p .

It has had 1 x 22 k 3.3 g Gold ring and 14 Silver rings and 4 other Silvers out of 3 Gold rings , 21 Silver rings and 6 other Silvers . So it isn't doing to bad . Not had much with the Nox lately , the beaches have gone quiet where i use it on that beach . My Terra has to do the dry due to WIFI and EMI troubles there .

• Like 1