Official Minelab GPZ 7000 Sales Brochure

- Ergonomically, how does the extra weight carry and how does the detector swing compared to a GPX series machine?

Answer - The GPZ is very well balanced but a GPX is roughly two pounds lighter on the bungee. No matter how you cut it more weight to man handle in rough terrain.

- Will elliptical coils be available for it eventually? Or does the new coil style only work with rounds?

Answer - Semi elliptical coils with blunter ends should be no problem but the new coil topography may make very narrow pointy coils difficult if not impossible. My opinion only though.

- Will it hit on the infamous types of spongy and specimen gold that are completely invisible to GPX series models

Answer - Yes.

- Can someone compare a 5000 with a 14" mono VS the GPZ7000 on various target sizes and depths. Minelab sponsored tests with up to 40% performance gains are well and good but there needs to be 3rd party confirmation and test replication.

Answer - Not me. Sold my GPX and every coil for it. The words "up to 40%" leave a lot of wiggle room and I appreciate your desire for proof. My bar is not so high. I just need confidence I am using the best tech I can get my hands on and I have that confidence. But sooner or later somebody will do those tests for you and scream if they do not get 40%. Funny how quick "up to" is forgotten.

- Not a competition but for reference purposes can someone compare a Gold Bug 2 VS the GPZ7000 on various grainer size gold and various depths?

Answer - Nothing matches a Gold Bug 2 for the tiniest gold in low mineral conditions. My is not going anywhere.

- Is there any discrimination at all, if not does this ZVT tech lend itself to discrimination in future models or is it like PI in the respect that its almost impossible to create?

Answer - No discrimination. I am not well versed enough yet in the underlying tech to answer what the future might hold. We can hope.

- Just how good are the noise cancellation improvements over the 5000? Can you stand right under a transmission power line and null out the interference?

Answer - Better but I am doubting that scenario.

Not the best answers in the world but hope they help.

Steve - I continue to be stunned by your calm and thoughtful approach to this whole business. If there's anything more likely than treasure hunting (outside politics and religion) to agitate the weak minded - I don't know what it is. (For the record, when it comes to weak minded enthusiasts - count me IN.)

But you just keep at it, out in the field, at your keyboard, hard work - prospecting and hard work writing - and the result is good sense and careful observation served up in plain clear language.

Thanks.

Thanks a Rick, but right now I feel more like it is Chris Ralph deserving a medal. He has persevered on the Aussie and other forums where I have retreated. Just too many unappreciative people and I do not have time for it anymore. I guess I burned out and at Dankowskis it got pointed out I seemed to be on edge these days. So I decided to give myself a break and just stay in the walls of my own website. Chris on the other hand seems feistier than ever these days and more power to him.

Funny you should point out the what I should have – Chris is really standing out there calmly clearly saying what he has observed.

Right after I posted what I wrote I realized that I should've called out Chris as well.

I think it was Shakespeare who talk about "the slings and arrows of outrageeous fortune" – but he never had to stand against the boomerangs!

Well done Chris I liked to you when I met you last year and my respect for you grows daily.