3 Rings On The Beach With 6 Inch Coil!

mn90403

Wow, was I surprised.  I thought I'd go out for a short hunt at about 11:30 PM and be back in a couple of hours.  It turned out to be a lot more fun than that.

As soon as I got to the beach I knew the conditions were pretty good but this 6" coil has been burning a hole in my floor since I used it on Saturday looking for nuggets.  I gave it one day of rest and then I had to go use it on the beach.

My first target was a dime.  It sounded good and it was down about 3 inches.  Not bad I thought for the little coil and then I came across a lot of pennies. Often times I won't dig them but I wanted to know how deep the coil could see them so dig, dig, dig.  I was finding pennies at 6-7 inches with no problem.  I know because the diameter of my sand scoop is 6 inches like the coil.  After many pennies I wanted to get to a different part of the beach so I skipped them for a bit.

When I got to where I wanted to be someone was up on the blanket line with their detector.  I hunted along the wet sand in Beach 1 all out (25).  I started finding some quarters.  I worked my way down the beach and I looked up and saw a guy 25-30 yards ahead of me coming in my direction.  (I ignore this guy because he doesn't fill his holes.)  I turn back away from him to work my little section and I get an 8 signal.  I dig down about 7 inches and I see the rose colored ring in the scoop. ( I don't know what is in this ring.)  The other guy has just walked past me so I drop it in my pouch so he can't see it.  I swing around the find area and about 20 feet away I get a 3 ... it is the Michael Kors belt buckle ring.  (Fun to find but not worth much.)

All along I'm finding more quarters and the $1 coin.  I walk down to a beach I call Ring Beach but nothing to be found.  On the way back I hunt a newly exposed area near where I found the two rings.  I get a signal that jumps between 12 and 14 but never staying on 13.  It turns out to be a 14/20 Toe Ring.  So, now I have 3 rings with the smallest coil I've ever used on the beach.

Something is going right.  Along the way I find a fine chain.  There were a couple of the quarters I dug that had to be 9 inches deep.

It was a fun first time on the beach with the 6 inch coil but it won't be the last time.

Mitchel

IMG_9615.JPG

IMG_9616.JPG

IMG_9617.JPG

IMG_9618.JPG

IMG_9619.JPG

You have your beach hunting wired. Very fun account to read. Continued good luck.

I will look for you on the beach, I live near-by (and fill my holes).

Very nice Mitchel, Ineed to get out and hunt some coins with my 6 inch coil . Going to a place I have hunted with every coin machine and coil I have had.

Great finds on the beach...none around here in Golden Valley but will make it to Bullhead to hunt soon.

Nice report and congrats on the finds!!

Once nice thing about the small coil is you can crank up the sensitivity, so for a small coil it'll likely do OK in the depth dept.

Awesome write up on your hunt.  Very excited for your success.  I hope to do some beach hunting later this year. 

Thanks for sharing.

:smile: