Twenty Years Of Steve’s Mining Journal

I was just updating links and realized I have been posting adventures to Steve’s Mining Journal for over twenty years now.

The Journal started when the internet was new, and information about metal detecting and prospecting for gold was new and rare. Metal detecting was still an obscure activity and gold prospecting even more so. I started posting the stories on my old company website as a way to show people this stuff really works and to help promote the business.

It was one of my better decisions, as documenting these adventures has turned out to be far more important to me than anyone else. Memories fade with age, and I can’t do this stuff forever, so it is great now to have all these adventures to look back on.

Anyway, many people never leave the forums and explore the rest of this website, so I thought I would post this to celebrate the unofficial 20th anniversary of Steve’s Journal for those who have never wandered across it.

steve-herschbach-14-dwt-gold-nugget-gane

Thanks Steve for your great insight 20 years ago .

It's great living and Detecting in Australia and being able to glean so much help and info from you and your fellow forum members .

I'm thousands of miles away , yet I feel like I'm next door .

Cheers and here's to the next 20 years .

goldrat

Didn't I take that picture? lol