Testing A Few Gold And Ground Modes On An Undug 10 Gram Nugget - Video

Hey Jason,

Great stream of consciousness / technical curiosity reporting.

A really interesting mix of technical know-how combined with not worrying about going off into the weeds.

Like Lunk's reporting, this kind of experimentation produces interesting observations and field-tested, useable information that expands on the manuals starting points.

Thanks for taking the time to let us benefit from your willingness to mess with the settings.

Continued good hunting.

Correct, no booster just the WM12. I find it to be more than loud enough. I use a Rooster Booster on my 4500 and the WM12 is just as loud and has better sound quality IMO.

I did some more testing today, an undug 0.42 grammer which was the faintest real target I dug today and then a reburied 1.4 grainer (~0.09 grams) at 4.5 inches for a faint target and tested TH between 1 and 30. I'll upload a video tonight or tomorrow, but it's not too incredibly interesting this one. 

The TH at 1 is probably too low for most uses other than exploration or handling bad EMI. I'm settling in somewhere around 5-10 for prospecting/exploration and around 20 for patch cleaning (depending if I can run smoothing off or not) for my personal preferences after messing around with it a bunch.

Flak, I live in the weeds brother. Gold nuggets are more common than salient conclusions around my house.  :D