Official Minelab Statement on GPZ Battery Options

Hey Steve,

Good Post.  I have been using the battery shown here at my store - http://www.robsdetectors.com/gpz-replacement-72v-44-ah-battery  It works with the GPZ 7000 fine and I purchased all they had in stock about a month ago figuring customers would be searching for them at some point.  I still have some in stock, but sold majority of them.  It will last right at 4 hours.  I personally have two of these smaller CTX batteries and the stock, full sized 72Wh one.  Allows me to hunt an entire weekends, or at least charge one battery while searching.  

Rob Allison

On the topic of this battery ... has anyone taken a trip on a plane and had anyone question you about it as a take on or in luggage?

Hello Mn90403,

I haven't personally taken the GPZ 7000 on a plane, but have taken just about everyone other PI on a plane in the past (mostly to AK).  I never had any issues, always backed the bulk of the detector and coils in the luggage, but kept the control boxes on the carry on with me.  One time they stopped me on the way back and swabbed the GPX unit.  I almost missed the plane over this, so I recommend taking a brochure of the unit if you have one.  This might speed up the process, even though they have seen a million detectors.  

My partner is now down in Australia and he just put the battery and main components in his check luggage and carried the main box in his carry on with no difficulties.  I've never had problems carrying my batteries along and I travel by air frequently.

Hehh, well that confirms my thoughts on AA's with the Zed.

Great info guys.  Minelab has even sent a couple CTX-3030 batteries to one of my customers who had an issue with his.  Hopefully they have the accessories for us to sell soon.  I have done a few 8 hour day hunts and my battery on the GPZ-7000 completed the day with no problems.