Steve Herschbach

The New Garrett Is Finally Coming!

33 posts in this topic

Nothing but this video tease until May 6th however. The manufacturers are actually trying to make us all crazier than we already are.

Steve to wife "they are driving me crazy!"  My wife "that's a short drive honey!"

Looks like an AT variant, in line with rumors and early announcement....

"One of the products sure to create attention will be a new All-Terrain (AT) product that is slated for a spring 2017 release. Just like the current AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, and Pro-Pointer AT, this new machine will maintain its waterproof integrity while adding exciting new features, including built-in Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology for headphones. More specific details on this detector and other wireless accessories will be made available in early 2017."

new-garrett-metal-detector-2017.jpg

3 people like this

I don't know about these detector manufacturers, I mean Really?? So suspenseful..is this a trailer to a movie or a detector? I don't know about you guys/gals but all I want is a freakin detector that discriminates deeper. It's a tool, not a movie.....it's high time that manufacturers realize most of us don't need teasers.....just the FACTS. Sorry about the rant.....been in the SKUNK to long......:angry:

5 people like this

Here we go again with another tease. First Minelab and now Garrett with a every little show but here we are hanging on like our life depended on it.

Will someone pass the chap stick.I needed it bad when Minelab says maybe May or June before we see the GM 1000. We had a name for girls in school that done the same Garrett just did.

Who knows Garrett may be out before we ever see GM1000.

Here my Birthday is in May and that's depressing enough but I'm having to wait on two detectors too. I'm willing to bypass the age factor.

Chuck 

Funny comment by your wife Steve…

4 people like this

Oh my. I'm so glad I am on pain meds for the next month. It keeps me smiling and with a sh_t eating grin. I love watching everyone get antsy. I will be buying an other machine too but don't really care yet what one I get. I have five in the corner and can't even swing one. Yet I buy more! No worries. I'll keep collecting gold locators in hopes of collecting gold.🙃🍻

3 people like this

Don't know where that guy is headed, but I doubt it's a verdant muni park or even a rock strewn Civil War battlefield.

Did the guy fall in that hole at 0:11 secs? 

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Don't know where that guy is headed, but I doubt it's a verdant muni park or even a rock strewn Civil War battlefield.

Yeah, the setting made me think more gold detector.

The obvious given what Garrett has stated is an AT variant with built in wireless headphone capability. After that it is a guessing game. Lots of people asking for a backlight in the meter, but like the wireless that really adds nothing to the tech inside.

A switchable dual frequency AT would be killer. Right now you have to choose between the AT Gold and AT Pro. What if you could get both in one housing, but with maybe a bigger frequency spread?

Or maybe a true multifrequency unit? Competition for the CTX?

We will see. Either would really surprise me. U.S. manufacturers just seem prone to giving us what we already have so if this just turns out to be an AT Gold or AT Pro (probably both) with wireless and backlight added it would make plenty of people happy. A shuffled display to have a larger target id number like on the Ace 400 would make sense. But I hope Garrett surprises me with something more.

garrett-ace-400-vs-at-pro-display.jpg

No doubt we are like crazy chooks waiting for a feed...............Monster`ll get ya...........

Would love it if this new machine is multi frequency!!!!  I have 4 beach machines now, but can always use another:biggrin:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      We have the New Garrett AT Pro 2? coming in May.
      The new Minelab Gold Monster 1000 is said to be available in May.
      The new Nokta Impact is now shipping to dealers and will have widespread availability in May.
      And finally, the new XP DEUS HF elliptical coil is supposed to ship in May!
      Looks like something for just about everyone there. Not sure about the Garrett but look for more from me on the Minelab GM1000, the Nokta Impact with large coil, and the Deus elliptical coil when the time comes.

• By Steve Herschbach

Ready for download Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt 2017 Edition

• By tboykin
      Tough choice which sub-forum this goes. Technically the eggs have coins inside, so this one seems good.
      White's has expanded its Easter Egg Hunt this year to cover more ground. Top prize is an MX Sport. Rules and map here - contest is USA only!
      https://www.whiteselectronics.com/whites-easter-egg-hunt-2017/
    • By Steve Herschbach
      From the Prescott Daily Courier http://www.prescottaz.com/m/Articles.aspx?ArticleID=140625 

Jack Delano Gifford, 75, passed away Jan. 3, 2015. He was born in Miami, Arizona, the son of Norval and Mayme Gifford. When Jack was about 6 years old, he and his family moved to the Phoenix area, and he lived there until he moved to Prescott, Arizona.

After high school, Jack served his country in the National Guard for six years. During that time, he also earned a technical degree in electronics and started a family. In his early electronics career, he worked in the aerospace industry. During a slowdown in the '70s, he was recruited by a metal detector company and worked in that industry until his retirement. Jack was an entrepreneur and an electronics design engineer, and founded three companies. The last one, Tesoro Electronics, brought him many friends and national and international acclaim for his designs and his support of the industry. He started that company in Glendale, Arizona, in 1980 and when he moved it to Prescott in 1991, it provided new technical jobs and industry for this area.

Jack started visiting Prescott when he was in high school and, during his careers, he and Myrna would visit the area for some much needed R & R. Eventually he realized he could move the company to Prescott so they could enjoy the Prescott lifestyle full-time.

Jack loved his family, motorcycles, metal-detecting and working on vintage stereo equipment. He also built the speakers to complete the systems, many of which he gave to family and friends. After retirement, he became a PADI-certified scuba-diver. Jack joined American Lutheran Church and served on their board. He was part of the Tuesday night men's Bible study and worked in ALC's outreach programs such as The Rock and Teen Closet. He also worked at the Prescott Community Cupboard Food Bank and served on their board.

Jack is survived by his wife of 54 years, Myrna; sons James and Vince (Katy); three amazing granddaughters, Isabella, Lily and Charlotte; sister Gloria Gray; and many nephews and nieces. He was predeceased by his parents, infant daughter Kelly Jeanine, and sister Glenna.

First Texas Lead Engineer Dave Johnson wrote a great "insider's obituary" honoring Jack at http://www.findmall.com/read.php?17,2140231,2140269#msg-2140269
    • By Steve Herschbach
      The Ultimate Throwback Thursday
      Discover Magazine   Some of you might remember a publication called "Discover" that White's Electronics used to publish. It featured customer finds, treasure stories, and all-around good info on metal detecting. Back in the 90's we stopped making it, much to the disappointment of some of our long-time customers.

Well... we realized missed it too! So we're proud to announce the re-introduction of Discover magazine. As a part of our mailing list you have exclusive access to a free digital copy, which you can read online, print out, and share as you see fit. Get your January/February copy here. We'll try and send one out every 2 months.

Thanks for supporting an American brand, and know that we will always have your back as a valued customer. This publication is just one small thing we can do to show our appreciation!

Sincerely,

White's Electronics

P.S. - We plan to hide a clue in each issue. First 100 folks to find it and mail us an envelope with the answer will get a free prize. Think you can you find it? Good luck and happy hunting!

• By Steve Herschbach
      Discover Magazine

Some of you might remember a publication called "Discover" that White's Electronics used to publish. It featured customer finds, treasure stories, and all-around good info on metal detecting. Back in the 90's we stopped making it, much to the disappointment of some of our long-time customers.
      Well... we realized missed it too! So we're proud to announce the re-introduction of Discover magazine. As a part of our mailing list you have exclusive access to a free digital copy, which you can read online, print out, and share as you see fit. Get your January/February copy here. We'll try and send one out every 2 months.
      Thanks for supporting an American brand, and know that we will always have your back as a valued customer. This publication is just one small thing we can do to show our appreciation!
      Discover Magazine March/April 2017
      Discover Magazine January/February 2017

Sincerely,
      White's Electronics