Steve Herschbach    7,478

Nothing but this video tease until May 6th however. The manufacturers are actually trying to make us all crazier than we already are.

Steve to wife "they are driving me crazy!"  My wife "that's a short drive honey!"

Looks like an AT variant, in line with rumors and early announcement....

"One of the products sure to create attention will be a new All-Terrain (AT) product that is slated for a spring 2017 release. Just like the current AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, and Pro-Pointer AT, this new machine will maintain its waterproof integrity while adding exciting new features, including built-in Garrett Z-Link Wireless Technology for headphones. More specific details on this detector and other wireless accessories will be made available in early 2017."

new-garrett-metal-detector-2017.jpg

• Like 3

AuWanderer    239

I don't know about these detector manufacturers, I mean Really?? So suspenseful..is this a trailer to a movie or a detector? I don't know about you guys/gals but all I want is a freakin detector that discriminates deeper. It's a tool, not a movie.....it's high time that manufacturers realize most of us don't need teasers.....just the FACTS. Sorry about the rant.....been in the SKUNK to long......:angry:

• Like 5

Ridge Runner    413

Here we go again with another tease. First Minelab and now Garrett with a every little show but here we are hanging on like our life depended on it.

Will someone pass the chap stick.I needed it bad when Minelab says maybe May or June before we see the GM 1000. We had a name for girls in school that done the same Garrett just did.

Who knows Garrett may be out before we ever see GM1000.

Here my Birthday is in May and that's depressing enough but I'm having to wait on two detectors too. I'm willing to bypass the age factor.

Chuck 

whitebutler    226

Oh my. I'm so glad I am on pain meds for the next month. It keeps me smiling and with a sh_t eating grin. I love watching everyone get antsy. I will be buying an other machine too but don't really care yet what one I get. I have five in the corner and can't even swing one. Yet I buy more! No worries. I'll keep collecting gold locators in hopes of collecting gold.🙃🍻

• Like 3

GB_Amateur    219

Don't know where that guy is headed, but I doubt it's a verdant muni park or even a rock strewn Civil War battlefield.

PhaseTech    283

Did the guy fall in that hole at 0:11 secs? 

• Like 1

Steve Herschbach    7,478
7 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Don't know where that guy is headed, but I doubt it's a verdant muni park or even a rock strewn Civil War battlefield.

Yeah, the setting made me think more gold detector.

The obvious given what Garrett has stated is an AT variant with built in wireless headphone capability. After that it is a guessing game. Lots of people asking for a backlight in the meter, but like the wireless that really adds nothing to the tech inside.

A switchable dual frequency AT would be killer. Right now you have to choose between the AT Gold and AT Pro. What if you could get both in one housing, but with maybe a bigger frequency spread?

Or maybe a true multifrequency unit? Competition for the CTX?

We will see. Either would really surprise me. U.S. manufacturers just seem prone to giving us what we already have so if this just turns out to be an AT Gold or AT Pro (probably both) with wireless and backlight added it would make plenty of people happy. A shuffled display to have a larger target id number like on the Ace 400 would make sense. But I hope Garrett surprises me with something more.

garrett-ace-400-vs-at-pro-display.jpg

Norvic    1,121

No doubt we are like crazy chooks waiting for a feed...............Monster`ll get ya...........

jjm861    4

Would love it if this new machine is multi frequency!!!!  I have 4 beach machines now, but can always use another:biggrin: