A Couple Of Paperweights That Live On My Desk

I haven`t been putting up any finds lately because I`ve been in a bit of a drought but I like posting pictures of gold so here is a couple of quartz specis I found about 200 yards and 4 years apart out at Moliagul.   The one on the right total weight 980 grams with about ½ gram of gold and the other 250 grams with about 1 gram gold.   Dave

R0010283.JPG

Phoenix... I really like the looks of mineralized quartz, it has a singular beauty all its own. The gold is sauce for the goose. Attractive finds both, congratulations on two very unique bookends!!! Thankyou for sharing this photo with us. :cool:

Jim.

On 5/1/2018 at 6:06 PM, kiwijw said:

Nice Dave. :wub: Have you done a specific gravity test on them? May be more gold than you are saying. But you probably have, hey :biggrin: Thanks for showing.

Good luck out there

JW :smile:

As KIWI JW said you may be surprised, I got 16+ ounces out of this specimen the  specific gravity was rough but  indicated within an ounce or two of what I got. 

p1011899

Hi Dave

Hope all is well.

I like your species and that bigger one makes me laugh every time I see.itooks great but funny only that tiny bit of gold there.

Hope you find some full of it.

Take care hope to see you soon.

GoldEn