Cinders, Cinders And More Cinders

Even though the Equinox handles the old school yards where they have discarded the coal waste for decades, it still struggles when the ground is saturated.  I went hunting Sunday and the machine was very hard to hunt with, continuous ground chatter.  Tried each preset program with both GB 0, manual GB and tracking and all displayed issues with this ground. Finally, I opened up the screen and the results were astonishing, continuous iron audio reports from the waste.  Decreased sensitivity to 15 and increased the recovery to 8 and finally started finding non-ferrous items mixed in the cinder waste.  Amazing just how fast this machine can recover amongst all the cinder.  The ground really needs to be bone dry to hunt with a VLF machine of any kind but the Equinox did okay.  My PI machine is still the raining champ when it comes to this type of ground conditions.

Still waiting on 1st Texas and their new PI and I’m hoping it has some sort of discrimination feature.

• Like 4

Great point, I did not:sad: try the beach modes.  I guess I was totally consumed in adjusting the first 4 modes I must have forgot.

Now I must revisit the same location with a different mindset.  Awesome

Steve can I assume you are talking about beach mode 2 (wet salt sand) and not 1 (dry sand)

Both beach modes though Beach 2 is the far more aggressive at signal reduction than Beach 1. My personal estimation of how the various modes line up:

Hottest (more sensitive to small targets, hot ground/rocks, and saltwater - high frequency weighting)

1. Gold Mode
2. Park Mode 2 and Field Mode 2
3. Park Mode 1 and Field Mode 1
4. Beach Mode 1
5. Beach Mode 2

Least Hot (less sensitive to small targets, hot ground/rocks, and saltwater - low frequencty weighting)

83D344AA-F067-424F-9207-EB0CA057E431.jpe

• Like 1

air test of the Equimox 800 programs for fine gold and silver..fine gold chain1, medium gold chain2,small silver coin parvus 3,gold heart4,gold earings 5.....Test in Sens18...and recovery speed 4...

maj 21 2018 apple 5S 024_DxO.jpg

• Like 3

WOW.  Very interesting chart, EL NINO.  Amazing differences on some of those items, between the "1" modes and the "2" modes...

Steve

Only place where reducing the TX power in conjunction to ground noise is mentioned about the Equinox.  No doubt the programming “algorithms” used, monitor and adjust transmit power down but also up in areas of low ground noise.  One thing I can confirm is that Beach 1 can see and give a good audio on every target in my test area.   

Looking forward to hunting my cinder fields with these two modes.

On 23 May 2018 at 1:06 AM, Mark Gillespie said:

Only place where reducing the TX power in conjunction to ground noise is mentioned about the Equinox.  No doubt the programming “algorithms” used, monitor and adjust transmit power down but also up in areas of low ground noise.  One thing I can confirm is that Beach 1 can see and give a good audio on every target in my test area.   

Looking forward to hunting my cinder fields with these two modes.

Hurry up and get out there so we can see what happens