Sign in to follow this  
Busho

Hi Guys

Nice gold Busho.   

Evo 15" or smaller?  

The larger lump in the top pic - any idea on weight?  Looks solid.  

Hope you're feeling better soon  👍

• Like 1

You did real well for a short outing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Northeast said:

Nice gold Busho.   

Evo 15" or smaller?  

The larger lump in the top pic - any idea on weight?  Looks solid.  

Hope you're feeling better soon  👍

Thanks mate. The 12 Evo, wicked little coil. Usually use the 15 but thought it wise being crook and low on fuel, me, to go light. All up just 6 grams. The better bit 2.4. But saying "just" is not being ungrateful for what I got or "wish it was more" but because it could look more as sometimes gold does. I am 100% grateful for every single bit I get no matter how small. And to anyone who finds anything no matter the size, it's a win. You can't and wont take it with you. 😉

• Like 4

Get better Busho, sounds nasty.  Glad you were able to get out and recover some nice saves.  Nothing like gold on the coil to help you feel better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Busho said:

All up just 6 grams.

Wow. Without anything next to them for comparison it is hard to tell size.  I had that bigger bit pegged for an 8-10 gram piece. Nice character in it.  

I’ve seen the damage a 15” Evo can cause - great coil  👍

• Like 1

Dang Busho! I hope I don't get what you had by being exposed to your post. A little detecting cures a lot of things.

• Like 2

Thanks guys. Virus is kicking back in, thought I was coming good. Hope to get out this week though still. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Smithsgold
      River Detecting for Gold Nuggets
      See who gets the Biggest Nugget
      Gold Prospector's Jeff ( Smithsgold ) and Gary ( Two Toes ) Head to the Hills in search of  rare Gold Nuggets.
      Watch and see who gets the most Gold and the Biggest Nugget.
      SG 010
    • By Nugglorious
      Found this little guy on my second hunt with the nox.  Just barely registers at .01g on the scale.  It rang clear at 2 inches deep.  I'm hunting in trashy hydraulic pits that have been hit hard with PI's and  VLF's but I think I'm the first equinox user.  I never thought I could remain sane hunting these areas but this machine changes everything.  Only iron I dug was the old burro shoe.......pretty cool!!
      Im in gold 2, sensitivity 18-20 the rest all stock settings.
      Thanks

• By Glenn in CO
      Dealing with some family issues me, my wife and a group of friends finally made a trip to the central Colorado mountain’s to search for gold specimens on tailing piles that have been productive in the past. Part of the group this was their first time using a detector searching for gold specimens. After a brief overview of the history and different areas to search, we spent some time setting up the different types of detectors to achieve the best results. We then took off in different directions with some partnering up with others for additional instruction. It didn’t take long for the 10,000+ foot altitude to begin taking its toll and the steep terrain limiting the area they wish to search as everyone was cautious for their well-being while detecting. The group detected for three days and four specimens were found.

Here are a few pics showing the wire and leaf gold specimens as found and then cleaned:

Close up of the largest gold specimens:

Couple of us detecting on the tailing piles:

• By 1864hatter
      With yesterday being fathers day I went down to my claim with my dad. Targeted the same spot as last time where I got 3.2g in an hour. This time we spent almost 4hrs and did a huge amount of digging but only managed to find 1.2g. Including a little specimen, which is a bit more rare for that area.Such is life, golden day out with dad though.

• By PG-Prospecting
      So got back out to my one nugget producing spot here in VA, this past Saturday.  Four of us in total went I was swinging the GPX4800 with the 15x12 commander mono coil, my buddy was swinging my equinox 800 with stock coil, and my two other friends (the ones who originially found this place), were swing the GPX5000 with a 11 commander DD coil.  
      In total i got 4 nice nuggets for the day, the GPX5000 got 2 and the equinox 800 unfortunately got skunked.  Biggest nugget was 2.3 grams, smallest was 6 grains.  I also got a steel ball that came from a civil war case shot shell.  
      All three detectors ready to go for the next days planned adventure.  

Fording the high creek water to get to the detecting area.  

Collapse mine shaft.  

Case Shot

Case shot second pic

Dirt gold right out of the ground

All cleaned up and purty

On the detectors coil

All the trash dug in the search for gold.  100+ pieces.  

I got some good video footage so i should have a video up in the next few days.