Friday 13th Nugget At Rye Patch

mn90403

Cobill;

If you have been to three classes and learned your detector...learned the signs...it is just a question of perseverance...

If you work very carefully, pay close attention and don't run off to the next "better" spot you will find some gold.

All the easy gold is gone...except when it isn't...try thinking out of the bedrock, exposed this and that Box.

follow your intuition

fred

• Like 4

Oh, I almost forgot ... that odd nugget I found at Placeritas was mostly lead but it showed 1% platinum.  I still don't know if that would be natural or not.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, mn90403 said:

that odd nugget I found at Placeritas was mostly lead but it showed 1% platinum.  I still don't know if that would be natural or not.

I assume this is from X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy (XRF analysis).  My question to the device manufacturer:  if the device shows 1% platinum, what is the likelihood that there is no platinum present?

Maybe that is what you meant by "natural or not".

When I ask about natural I mean a nugget formed by natural causes.  This natural nugget would not be formed as a result of mining activity spillage or the heating of the ground as the result of a fire.

• Like 1