Right on man, nice combo hope to see more. :smile:

Nice! Those Chinese coins in the mix with the square holes?

Well done, deathray!  Haven't seen your finds lately but it looks like you've made up for quantity with quality.  I particularly like the the nickel 3 cent piece.  I'd be giddy with that.  (Nugget, well of course!)  What's the date & mintmark of the middle Lincoln?  I zoomed in on it but couldn't quite make it out.  I'm hoping that is a scarce one (like a 1912-S or 1913-S).  Thanks for posting the pics and hope your next hunt(s) is just as rewarding.

GB...15-s..kinda scarce I guess. 

Kac...yeah, was hunting area with a Chinese Camp. Weve found probably over a 100 at this site. All history, tells the story.

• Like 2

Great finds Ray!   Glad to see you back in the saddle.  I can’t tell by the photo, but is that a real nugget or has it been melted into one?   Hope you success continues. 
Brian. 

25 minutes ago, Nevada Brian said:

Great finds Ray!   Glad to see you back in the saddle.  I can’t tell by the photo, but is that a real nugget or has it been melted into one?   Hope you success continues. 
Brian. 

Hey Brian, long time no see. Yeah, its a real one, haha.

Great finds Ray, keep up the great work.

That nugget looks like a raisin spray painted to look like gold, just kidding.

10 hours ago, deathray said:

GB...15-s..kinda scarce I guess.

Definitely.  All of those early teen San Francisco issues from 1910 through 1915 are scarce -- mintages between 4 million and 6 million.  Excellent find!

• Like 1

Nice work Ray...good to see your taking a break once in a while...

strick

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Guessologist
      Here's a nice little self-contained set of finds, these came out of a 1x1m area on a small pushed up pile of dirt and rubble in a local forest reserve. I've wandered over this area plenty of times before,  but only now did I snag a good target. I had a hunch there had to be something of interest here but I just couldn't make it work... There was a smattering of aluminium pull tabs dumped on top of the pile to cause distraction as well. Can't work up any more targets even with the nox set at F2-0, tempted to get the pick out there and turn it all over a bit.

1873 and 1877 pennies, an 1842 groat and a silver cufflink made in 1911.
    • By nemanjask
      Some photos of my finds, Roman coinage.

• By goldbrick
      It had been a year since I had a chance to hunt with my friend Strick. We finally were able to  get together for 4 days of relic/coin/ring detecting.
      On day 1 we went to an old standby location (ghost town) we had visited many times in the past. Strick found 2 silver coins, an 1876 and 1877 Seated Liberty dimes in the space of 1 hour. I found a few buttons.

Day 2 we took his boat up the Delta to a party beach where I hunted in the water for the first time ever. I had a blast using my CTX 3030 just wading up to my waist. I found 2 silver rings which beat the costume jewelry Strick got so I was the king that day.

On day 3 of my visit with him, we were off to a private property in the low Sierra foothills of California to meet up with Strick's friend, the ranch owner, and detect an early gold camp. We have been hunting this area for a few years when our schedules will allow. The last time I was here with Strick he had found a Quarter Eagle and some seated coins while I had only found buttons.
      On this day things were not looking so great for me as I had only found one nice button and the usual assortment of period trash while Strick had scored a nice cast buckle wreath. We had just taken a break and had compared finds with the ranch owner, discussing the "whatizits" we had found. It was getting later in the day so we went back to detecting. I had earlier got into an area with quite a bit of scattered iron which developed into a nail bed which was obviously the remains of an old structure. So I returned to the heaviest area of nails which was about 250' away from the location of Strick's gold coin, and was carefully searching through the machine gun iron signals when I hear a definite signal but scratchy signal on my Deus. It was jumping around depending on which direction I swung but was repeatable. Just another bullet or cartridge I think as I pop the plug. Then I see about a quarter of a gold coin sticking out of the plug as it crumbles. I didn't stop to savor the moment or reflect on my find like you hear so many times. I started screaming like a 14 year old Valley Girl, " I found a gold coin" and waving my arms at my friends who were a short distance away. The coin was an 1849 Half Eagle. It has been my fondest detecting desire to find a gold coin and now I had realized it.
      On the journey back to Stricks I looked up the value of the coin as people always ask. I didn't much care as I did not plan to sell it but that is usually the first question from family and friends. I had not cleaned it well or looked at it too closely but I knew it had some wear so I figured a ball park figure of $500?
      It wasn't until we returned to Strick's place that he was looking at it through a low power microscope and he says" Her headband doesn't say liberty it says Moffat". I had never in a million years ever dreamed I may find a Territorial coin but I knew in an instant that I had just scored the find of my life.

On Day 4 we went to a location of an old military base. Strick has taken buckets of military paraphernalia from there and  he scored again. I found 2 pieces but they were severely corroded. 
      I would say this has been the best detecting trip I have ever been on due to finding the Territorial Half Eagle. All the thanks go to my buddy, Strick and the ranch owner for getting me on that location.
      I will ask Strick to post his pics of his finds.

• By IdahoPeg
      Hey Guys! Remember this thing that I found on Florida’s Treasure Coast a couple weeks ago and posted about? I was so disappointed there were no visible markings to link it to the1715 Spanish Fleet that sunk during a hurricane.

Well, I decided to carefully try to separate the silver sandwich with a paring knife, and was successful with minimal damage. The inside surfaces were dark and thick with corrosion but I kept working on them(rubbing on wet aluminum foil did the best...very time consuming. I don’t have an electrolysis setup yet). 
      So glad I did it! I’ve definitely found my 1st Pieces of Eight finally (1/2 Reales likely)! Minted in Mexico between 1700-1715 during Philip V’s reign in Spain, if my research is correct.

They may be little, but I’m tickled pink with them! 🙂
    • By DukeBoxer
      Last year I moved down to Costa Rica and brought with me 2 Tesoros, the Compadre and the Mojave, and an Equinox 800. I've been dying to get to the beaches but we live inland from the north west coast beaches and we've recently opened a little restaurant in our town so there's not much time for me to get to the beach. I decided if I can't get to the beach I'm going to detect the soccer field in the center and try to get permissions from the people with old houses in town. The other night after I closed up shop I tossed some stuff in the car and pulled out the detector and walked across the street and started going at it. I found a bunch of coins,a button and some nice sounding aluminum and then I got a signal that hit right where all the coins hit, about 19/20. I thought it was another button because it had what looked like a shank on one side but I was seeing a wreath and thought it could be something good. Then when I cleaned some more dirt off and saw the 900 I knew I had something great! I think it was used as some sort of jewelry, maybe hanging off a bracelet because there's a dot of solder right in the middle on the reverse and what I thought was a shank turned out to be silver wire. It's smaller than a dime, maybe the size of a half dime but I've never seen one. It's 1 gram of 90% silver. In the year I've been here it's the best find I've made

• By Ridge Runner
      I went to this school yesterday but that detector went south as in not working correctly. So here I am again but with the ORX.
       I don’t think the kids that go to this school has ever seen a coin large than a penny. That ORX was hot on their trail . It did detect a dime of a total of three but not one quarter.
       So remember I’m not RR anymore but just call me Penny Digger .
       Chuck