Gerry in Idaho

Epic Day For My Brother, Well Earned Too.

On 2/24/2020 at 8:21 AM, strick said:

Thats wonderful Gerry...it's amazing that there are still great finds like these to be had...two half dollars and a gold coin in one day...was it a virgin spot? or were you guys just expanding around an old spot you have detected before? After Goldbricks amazing find a few weeks ago I've become optimistic that anything is possible.

strick

We were expanding from the gold camp and he just happened to go down hill and I went up.  Yes, anything is possible.

That’s a great story and heartwarming also. Congratulations to your brother Gerry and thanks for sharing. :smile:

• Like 1

Awesome and congrats Gerry to your bro!   With coil size on the EQ I think it does not matter with depth.  I have read a few articles that think that too.  On the beach I have given up using the 15 because I was still finding quarters 18in down with the 11.  I’m not kidding you either.  Much easier and better control with the smalls.

• Like 1

Wow, what an INCREDIBLE hunt, for your brother, Gerry!

Congrats to him, big time, and it's cool that you were there to experience it!

Steve

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Bash
      So I've been getting a lot of clad coins with both the Equinox and the Vanquish 440 in the local parks, but even in the older ones, silver coins have escaped me for a couple of months now.  In between thunderstorms this afternoon, I hit the neighbor's parking strip, and in less than ten minutes, I pulled two silvers and a wheatie!  My first silver quarter, AND my first Canadian silver. The quarter is pretty trashed, but I'm glad just the same!
      Felt good to break the slump!

• By mn90403
      She was looking for gold nuggets in the Golden Triangle and found these instead ...
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8472753/Amateur-metal-detector-finds-FOURTEEN-extremely-valuable-sovereign-coins.html
    • By George Kinsey
      Most I found and a few were collected.

• By TreasureHunter5
      A mile stone in my metal detecting hobby, my first wheat penny. I found it today in my yard near my driveway, at the edge of my property. I though it would be a memorable penny(just like the rest of the pennies I found in my yard) but it turned out to be wheat. A 1942 D to be exact. The house was built in 1940, so it was there most likely ever since. I am glad to have it. I cleaned the dirt off with dawn and a paper towel. Do you think it needs to be cleaned more or is it nice the way it looks? 

• By TreasureHunter5
      I found this in April of May of this year. I cleaned it, my brother put it on the grinder, and showed it to my dad. It looked shiny then, but since it darked and starting to chip. My dad looked at it and said it was probably my grandfather who had lost it in the 1980s doing yard work. He used to wear old jeans and maybe fell out of his pocket. My dad told me used to clean his pipe with this knife. My grandfather had passed in September of 2018, so I never got to show or ask him. It is a Trim pocket knife by Bassett. It was made a producer of beauty products I believe and my grandfather ran his own barber shop. I believe he got it through that business. It will never be like new, but it holds sentimental value. I only wish I could have showed him.

• By The Seeker
      Hit the beach for a few hours and got some silver for the pile. Conditions weren’t good which seems to be the norm lately since there have been no waves. All my silver was found in the dry sand after giving up on the wet. I don’t know if the stone on the silver ring is a ruby but it gave me 5 bars on my diamond tester.  Thanks for looking and happy hunting.