Coiltek Coils For SDC 2300 On Sale

I am not sure if anyone else is doing this (it appears to be a Coiltek sale but no mention on their website), but Chris at AZO is advertising Coiltek coils for the Minelab SDC 2300 at 20% off for the rest of the month or while supplies last.

coiltek-coils-sdc-2300-on-sale.jpg

20% OFF the following premium Coiltek products:
• 10x5 Gold Extreme: WAS $295 - NOW $236
• 11" Gold Extreme: WAS $315 - NOW $252
• 14x9" Gold Extreme: WAS $315 - NOW $252
• Gold Extreme SDC Accessory Pack: WAS $67 - NOW $54

http://arizonaoutback.ipbhost.com/topic/14510-coiltek-isolation-special-new/

https://www.coiltek.com.au/coils/gold-extreme/

• Like 3

I have them in stock as well and they are great for allowing your SDC-2300 more capabilities which can bring in more gold.

Gerry's Detectors in Boise, Idaho

www.gerrysdetectors.com

What would really Kick Ass from CoilTek is a 10" Ellip DD coil for the Equinox.   Trevor, please talk your wife into allowing the team at CoilTek to make one.  I promise it will be a stellar seller.

• Like 2

Wish i knew what the next detector from Minelab is going to be. Having seen how good the SDC is on minute gold I would love to buy one and add one of these coiltek coils to the mix. BUT, got this funny feeling Minelab might be going after the masses again like they have with the last few detectors and release a pretty good machine at a cheap price.

One chap that seems to be in the know mentioned on Facebook that the new machine would sit between the SDC and the GPX5000. Buggered if i know if that’s anywhere even remotely close to the truth but i think I’ll wait and see before committing on the SDC.

I’m no expert but feel that the equinox for the price is not miles off the performance of the CTX 3030 which is twice the price. Could it be possible that the new detector could have timings that are comparable to a SDC and GPX in one machine at a cheap price??

I’m not sure what Minelabs goal is but I’m wondering if they make more money selling lots of cheaper detectors or fewer expensive ones.  Only thinking out loud so please don’t tar and feather me, lol

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

What would really Kick Ass from CoilTek is a 10" Ellip DD coil for the Equinox.   Trevor, please talk your wife into allowing the team at CoilTek to make one.  I promise it will be a stellar seller.

14 hours ago, phrunt said:

An SDC in a normal package even if it has to be a CTX 3030/GPZ style housing would be better than it's current configuration but I am sure they could do better with modern technology, supporting changeable coils (and a range to choose from), wireless audio, built in speaker (that's loud enough) and a normal and mineralised mode would be pretty special.

The current SDC always reminds me of my daughters Lego metal detector.

273064451_Legometaldetector.jpg.1c0361975d45facda7311d80d5540472.jpg

If they made that coil for nox ,  I wonder of they could wire it so it's  more  in tune with the gold modes vs. other modes   to make it even better for gold .Also can the       nox use a concentric coil  or is it like the t2?

We keep wondering Minelab ...

10 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

If they made that  coil for nox ,  I wonder of they could wire it so it's  more  in tune with the gold modes vs. other modes   to make it even better for gold .Also can the       nox use a concentric coil  or is it like the t2?

Pulse induction mono coil, completely different beast, can’t be made to run on any VLF. Mono coils and concentric get confused. A mono coil has one winding that alternates between transmit and receive (pulse). A concentric is two coils one within the other (aligned concentrically) with one transmitting and one receiving on a continuous basis (continuous wave / induction balance... also referred to as VLF).

metal-detector-coil-dd-mono-concentric.jpgMetal detector coil types illustrated - concentric vs DD vs mono

https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/597-vlf-concentric-vs-dd-coils/

• Like 4

Steve,

Why do ALL drawings of coils and their fields NEVER include the outer limits of the real detection.  Side detection on the coils above can be as much if not more than the width of the coil.  

Is it less for the DD over the mono?

Mitchel

On 5/10/2020 at 8:57 AM, mn90403 said:

Steve,

Why do ALL drawings of coils and their fields NEVER include the outer limits of the real detection.  Side detection on the coils above can be as much if not more than the width of the coil.  

Is it less for the DD over the mono?

Mitchel

Hi Mitchel,

I have noticed you have an interest in “fringe areas” as relates to metal detector coils. They are nothing new, a very old concept, and simply mean the edges of the detection field where targets get weak. Borderline target area, nothing more complex than that. The fringe area is like a rind around the main detection area/pattern where strong targets fade into nothingness.

Where do you want to draw the line based on what size target? Drawings are just illustrating principles, not reality. The electromagnetic field extends many feet in all directions, and in reality is more like a huge donut extending into infinity. If you wanted to try and be accurate you at the least have to define the target size. The detection area is not fixed in size, but varies with every target. For a car size object the illustration might show a detection field reaching 6 feet in all directions. Pictures like the one I posted are showing something more based on a small target, dime size or smaller. For a single post ear ring or tiny nugget the detection pattern may be smaller than a teacup.

The DD “blade” diagrams in particular tend to be marketing nonsense. The blade effect is an artifact of the audio processing and completely misrepresents what the actual electromagnetic field looks like and the effect the target is having while under the windings. If the blade effect were true, a trash target under one edge of a DD coil would have no effect on the detection of a target under the center of a coil, and they most certainly do. Half what most people believe about coils is colored by marketing nonsense.

This old Garrett article from 40 years ago is more accurate than most anything else published since, and discusses fringe area targets among other things.

Anybody with a metal detector in their hands can answer these questions for themselves in minutes bench testing with various size targets.

garrett-coil-electromagnetic-field-diagram.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2