Would Like Some Reviews And Input Please On The Coiltek 10''x5'' Coil For The Nox

Good morning Folks,just bought a Coiltek 10''x5'' coil for the Nox,always have liked elliptical coils,so i have grabbed the opportunity and bought one,have never liked the stock coil and mainly have used the 6'' coil......my way of thinking the 10x5 coil will fit right in the middle between the stock coil and the 6'' one......mainly detect ploughed and rolled ground and also occasionally pasture albeit its not really the ideal coil for pasture,but it wont be long before its harvest time here in the UK so that could well be a good time to use this new coil.

What are folks opinions on this Coiltek 10''x5'' coil i hope they are good and i have not wasted my money.

Many thanks

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RickUK said:

What are folks opinions on this Coiltek 10''x5'' coil i hope they are good and i have not wasted my money.

Welcome to the 10x5 club! πŸ˜€ πŸ†

I've been raving about that coil for a couple of years now, I was lucky enough to get one early on thanks to a forum member.

I put it on my 600 and never looked back until recently when I tried the 15" for the first time. I put it back on.

I've had great success with that coil. I've dug many great relics, found gold rings, and enough stuff deep enough to make it worthwhile over the 11". It's great for getting in tight spaces, I've hit dimes at up to 14" on the beach. One beach I go to produced a silver ring between some large rocks.

It's probably not going to find buried hoards, but for pure pillage there isn't a better option.

Its separation capability is incredible, and it's great for hunting along fences, under park benches (an offset would have been welcome), and it's a tough little bugger, I have not had a problem with the ears.

Yes, you might not get the swing coverage of a larger coil, but I've never thought it had a depth issue although the experts say it isΒ  a matter of science that it is slightly less far reaching than the 11".

I'll put it this way: if I searched any place with it, going back with the 11" over the same area produced little or no new finds.

Good luck and enjoy. πŸ™‚

• Like 8

3 hours ago, RickUK said:

...my way of thinking the 10x5 coil will fit right in the middle between the stock coil and the 6'' one...

IMO, you nailed it.Β  Not as deep (in my moderately mineralized soils) as the 11 inch stock coil.Β  (I wrote up my experience here a while back where I flagged targets with 11" and 5"x10" and compared prior to digging.Β  The 11" won.)Β 

Very good separation but not surprisingly, in extemely trashy locations the 6" does a bit better.Β  The hits (in audio) do seem sharp for small targets.

(Weight and coverage comparisons as expected -- no surprises there.)

Bottom line:Β  IMO it's a tweener or a Goldilocks, no more and no less.

• Like 7

I agree with GB and F350. I have the 15", 11", and 6" coils but when I got 10x5" coil, I pretty much just left it on my Nox. I have used it on parks, fields, beaches, ghost towns, and in pretty much every scenario I can think of. It has laser-like precision in trash and iron and actually performs as well as the 6", IMO, on ghost towns with more depth and more coverage. The 11" has a tad more depth, but with the lighter weight and better separation of the 10x5", I don't use my 11" anymore. The 15" is deeper, but seems like twice as heavy so I only use that when I have to, but that is almost never. The 10x5" Coiltek is my goto for the Nox.Β 

• Like 4

My Coiltek 10''x5'' coil has finally arrived,not been out detecting with it yet,but have tried it quickly on my test site and well pleased with it and gut feeling tells me this will also stay on my Equinox all the time as well,its the coil that i have been waiting for,not sure why i have not bought one before.

Thanks again for all the input and will give a indepth report later on after the crops come off....thanks again

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Would Like Some Reviews And Input Please On The Coiltek 10''x5'' Coil For The Nox

I really like mine.Β  Not quite as deep as the stock coil but lighter.Β  Found a couple of rings so far and a few other notable finds.

I bought it mainly to hunt the heavy trash.Β  It separates very well.

Β 

I love it when doing ball fields that have a fence around them, as I am able to detect under the fence if it is a couple of inches off the ground without any problems.

I use it to search for gold spots in the creeks near me to great advantage and leave it on the 800 as the go to coil.

• Like 1