Trash Among The Treasure :)

Nice group of jewelry. You can even cash in some of that lead you dug ūüėČ. Apparently a lot of fishing going on there. There is a strange satisfaction that you get from digging everything. I do it because I still can, but eventually age will get me to be my own discriminator. Good hunt.

• Like 1

Nice haul.  How can you tell that the chain is silver?

Do you remember what TID's the silver came it at?  I'm guessing that the open rings and the spiral ear decoration were below 20....

5 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice haul.  How can you tell that the chain is silver?

Do you remember what TID's the silver came it at?  I'm guessing that the open rings and the spiral ear decoration were below 20....

Thank you.

The toe ring hit 12-14...the chain and pendant was jumping around 15-19 ...the earring hit ...18

As far as the chain goes, I have a test kit.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By EWCoinhunter
      Hello,
      Anyone try Andy Sabisch coin setting on the Nox? What I would like to understand is I see there is offerings for the 800, but will they also work on the 600? Obviously I swing the 600, and coming from the Etrac using his settings, just wanted to make sure. I know the factory ones are good, but everything needs tweaked at one time or another.
      Thanks for any and all feedback. BTW, I am not new to MD, just to the Nox 600.
    • By ShintoSunrise
      Hey folks! Unlike many of you more seasoned folks, I'm still trying to learn when to ignore iron tones and when to dig. I was exploring the land behind what I knew once belonged to a northern Virginia farmhouse back in the 1930s and heard a nice iron tone that I felt was worth looking into. Lo and behold, an incredibly well rusted cast iron piggy bank. Following some electrolysis and wire brushing I find it to be pretty presentable. I'm unsure of the age, but based on some research I'm guessing circa 1900s. Cheers! 

• By 67GTA
      Been detecting for years, but relatively new to the multi frequency game. I am experiencing a lot of ground noise in multi that isn't present in single frequency. I was amazed at how much quieter single was compared to multi. When I use multi, it sounds like there is constant iron (low iron tones) with every swing. This happens every time and not just particular sites, and in different modes. I can't distinguish nails from what I'm guessing is ground minerals? In single frequencies, it is super quiet, and I can hear every little piece of iron. Once I noticed the difference I started digging low tones just to check. 90% of the low tones in multi aren't actually targets. I alway noise cancel and ground balance. Live in south central KY with pretty mild ground. Is this just a side effect of multi, or am I missing something?
    • By aerospace guy
      I haven't heard Steve H. give his opinion on approximately when the EQ800 might be "upgraded". I know it's only speculation but I'm trying to see how long the wait might be, over a year shorter, longer? I wish to buy one but after reading all the posts about people sending EQ's back 3 times and 6 inch coils multiple times etc., I think it would be prudent of me to wait for another "iteration" of the EQ, IF it is not going to be long (1 year or more). Thoughts? Also thoughts on the EQ800 as a "gold detector" for "small" gold. I bought quite a few years ago a Nokta Fors because it was recommended as an "all around" detector by Steve and I was splitting my time beach hunting and desert prospecting. It, the Nokta did/does find small gold if conditions are "right" such as the gold being about a size 12 or +20 classified size, shallow depth and laying flat or "broadside up. Would the EQ800 do better than this in you're opinions in "mineralized SoCal ground? Feedback greatly appreciated!
    • By nickeldNdimed
      So I‚Äôve been considering a Vanquish model as either a backup or primary to my Equinox 600 to fill in coil size with 10x7 between my 11‚ÄĚ and 6‚ÄĚ. ¬†Also perhaps to achieve a little better ergonomics for most of my detecting and then use the Nox for more detailed work when needed.
      I like the price and simplicity of the 340 but I also like some of the extras of the 540¬†and mainly 5 tones which is what I most regularly run on my 600. ¬†Studying the manuals a bit for details, it is not really that simple as the tone breaks,¬†whether 3 or 5 tones, vary between detectors and even within the modes. ¬†So it still won‚Äôt be ‚Äúexactly‚ÄĚ like my 600 even if I choose a 540 in regards to 5 tones or 3 tones. The¬†3 tones is even different between the 340 and 440. ¬†So I vkeep going back to simplicity and price of the 340 and I even get the coil I want.¬†

Curious on thoughts from others considering same or actual experience and why your selection?

Also, I thought it was interesting that for a detector that seems to be more global, the Vanquish makes the coin modes favor the US coins?  Am I wrong?  Even with the 600 you might be limited on this as I believe only the first tone break is adjustable?

• By damatman88
      I hunt my saltwater beaches in the Beach 2 mode with the factory settings for wet and water hunting as well as the dry sand. We really don't have much iron around the beach and it's also not trashy. I am going to experiment with lowering the recovery speed and iron bias just to see what difference in depth/detection it makes. Do any of you adjust RS and IB down in Beach modes and if you do, what differences have you noted?