Just got a email from Nokta/Makro telling about two new detectors for kids that is waterproof. One is the Mini Hoard for 99.95 and the Midi Hoard for 119.95.

For the money and being waterproof too has got to be another great buy like the Simplex.

Chuck 

• Ridge Runner changed the title to 2 Kids Waterproof Detectors

It’s said the Mini for 4 to 8 and the Midi for 8 to 12 years of age . Running at 15 KHz and good to three feet of you want to get it wet.

It’s amazing how much these kid’s detectors has to offer,  Tones discrimination and pinpoint all for so little money.,

I like the Mini with a sad face If the target not good and the happy face if it’s a good target.haha

Chuck 

• Like 1
  • Steve Herschbach changed the title to Two New Kids Waterproof Detectors

Ok, now let's picture a scenario, the kid using it keeps getting a Happy Face and dig's it and it is junk, another Happy Face, junk again.... this repeats 100 times though out the day and they're lucky and one Happy Face turns into a Coin and the rest are all bottle caps, shards of alloy can, pull tabs, and various other bits of junk.  Do you think the detector will ever get used again? 

Kid's detectors need Target ID and as accurate as possible on the ID.  If you tell the kid to dig every 10, 17, 21 and so on of your local coins and they spend their day cherry picking coins and with a few days coin hunting as a team you find enough coins to buy the kid a in Tablet, that's when the kid gets interested.

The concept of these detectors is good, I really like them, I don't like they don't have Target ID.  Having 2 or 3 placers for ferrous/non ferrous is insane, imagine the junk.  My daughter hates the Go-Find for this very reason.

• Like 3

They look like they have 8" concentric coils. That is a good size to drive those bottle caps down below nickels. Even an id system doesn't do a whole lot if you looking for jewelry other than looking for steady numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Also great for people in aged care facilities who have lost their marbles.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Rick N. MI
      In pictures it looks like there is one screw to remove the controller if it needs repair.

• By phrunt
      Some time ago I recall Dilek saying Nokta Makro were going to work on a PI detector, well over a year ago from memory, it's that long ago now I guess most have forgotten about it, not me! my ears perked up and I got excited.  I think the market has far too few manufacturers of decent PI machines and with White's collapsing the TDI is now likely to just be part of detecting history, although not ground breaking by any means at least it was another option.    Nokta have great prospecting machines when it comes to VLF's, you need to complete the set and have a PI to go with it.
      First Texas may or may not have a Gold Prospecting PI in the next year or so and it sounds like it will be a decent unit, lightweight, reasonable performance, although they'll have to do something serious to get better battery life, prospectors can't only detect a couple of hours a day 🙂  They've been very slow with their beach version so I expect the Gold version to be a couple of years away at least if it makes it to market, I'm happy to be proven wrong.
      The QED is another PI option on the market but it's really Australia and NZ only.  There isn't a worldwide reach with it.
      So we are really left with Minelab, the Garrett ATX exists, but that's about all it does, not a very popular unit.
      Nokta have access to the worlds market, and if they did eventually release their prospecting PI with their usual aggressive pricing for a high quality unit that actually is very competitive with performance like all other detectors they make they may well be serious competition and take a significant market share of new sales off Minelab quite quickly.
      I'm sure Nokta are aware how big the prospecting detectors market is around the world, a quick peep at Minelab shareholder information can give them a good idea on that.
      So Nokta.....  Is this detector still in the making?  If so, is there anything you can say about it?
      Nokta is well known for listening to their customers, I'm sure customers could give a lot of advice they'd want in a prospecting detector if it is going to be a project Nokta are taking on.
      I guess it's probably at this stage more important to get the Multi Frequency VLF detector out first, we've been waiting on that one for a very long time too with little talk of it in a long time really, since the "naming contest".  I hope that one is still coming too...   Garrett beat you to that one Nokta, although that's debatable with many still preferring the single frequency Simplex over their attempt at multi frequency.
      This is almost all questions for Dilek I guess 🙂 but I'm sure others might want to chime in on their wishes for Nokta Makro to release their new detectors, a PI and a Multi Frequency VLF.
    • By dogodog
      I'm  pretty much a blind squirrel when it comes to the beach hunting thing. This trip totaled about 6 hours over the course of 3 days. Thanks to all you beach members, I've managed to pick up on a few things. I was in the dig it all mode, being not that confident in my sand skills. Did I mention that I hate bottle caps? They sound even better in the sand!!! I was mostly hunting the wet/dry edge and was just enjoying the early morning sunrise. This day I was on a tear of sinkers and caps. Still having fun being away from work though. At 9:00 am my wife came down and joined me for a before breakfast walk. She asked if I found anything good and answered with the usual, Nope just crap. We walked another 20 feet and I got a really nice strong soft tone. Thinking sinker, I started to dig with my homemade plastic scoop. Let me just say DO NOT have your wife with you when you find something really good, It never works out in your favor. In my scoop was a wonderful diamond ring (wasn't to sure at the time) After I rinsed it off a little and felt the weight I knew I had something good. Oh yes she promptly removed it from my death grip!!! After getting home from our trip I took it to a jeweler friend, who offered me $5500 for the diamonds, said I could keep the platinum. Turns out it was a vvs1  1.2 carrat main stone and 8 very nice 2mm stones. Lucky for me my wife said she would keep it (god help me) I haven't seen it since.

• By dogodog
      I finally got my old 11'' replaced. This new coil is working great and I couldn't be more happy. Thanks to Dilek all my problems have been resolved. Yesterday and today were the first times I have given it a good run. 
      I decided to hunt a farm house yesterday. I usually think the finds are getting low. Well low and behold I was wrong. Yesterday was good and bad as posted on the coin and relic forum. Today was even better!! same farm plus a kids camp. In two hours at the farm I scored a 2 oz. sinker, a bunch of odd lead, 2 wheat pennies, a girl scout pin from the 60's and two fabulous 1952 and 1957 roosevelt dimes. Around 1:30pm I decided to hit the camp. In another two hours I scored $1.05 in clad (not much) and a very awesome 1810 to 1830's button. inscribed on the back is Treble gilt Standard colour. seems to be a british button. Most of the clad from the 60's and 70's were at 6 to 7 inches deep. this button was around 3''. I did dig a bunch of deep trash always looking for the gold rings. The only thing is the id numbers are a little off, they are a couple of points off, but that was an easy learn. I'm thinking the old coil was bad from day one and today just proved it. I can't wait to hit some more of my sites and see what I missed with the old coil. The MK has yet to let me down and has been a great machine in the short time that I have owned it.

• By gregorywc
      Can anyone tell me how the Minelab GPX 5000 or Garrett ATX would compare to a Makro New Jeohunter 3d dual systems.. they seem to have a nice graphical display and they boast detections at 1.5 meters... Whats the truth in comparison??

See video on this page..http://www.metaldetector.com/makro-jeohunter-metal-detector

Thank You,
      Greg
    • By Steve Herschbach
      I have had a Nokta AU Gold Finder sitting around for some time. The Gold Finder is the same 56 kHz detector as the Makro Gold Racer, but stuck in an old school knobs and switches waterproof housing. As such it lacks a LCD display and therefore the ability to display target id information. In exchange you get a unit where the battereis are in the control box, so it can be hip or chest mounted. Or in this case, put onto an alternative shaft assembly.
      I have an old Otto fiberglass shaft for the Minelab PI detectors I kept when I sold off my last Minelab GPX. I was planning on using it for my Garrett ATX modification but I ended up using a White's "S" rod for that project.
      I also have a 15" x 13.5" DD coil for my Gold Racer that I really liked. The problem there is even though it is a very light 15" coil, it still makes the Gold Racer more nose heavy than I prefer. So Gold Finder sitting around and rod assembly sitting around - Bingo - it's mod time!
      Easiest job ever. Since the AU Gold Finder is already set up to hip mount, all I had to do is drill the Otto rod to mount the Gold Finder control box. I wanted to mount the control box under elbow for better balance. The controls look upside down when you do this but in reality when you are using the detector and go to make adjustments it works better that way looking down from topside. The AU Gold Finder box almost seems intended to be set up like this as it has a shelf over the LED lights that makes a nice footrest when the control box is flipped over. Since the box is waterproof no need to worry about speaker etc. getting wet or dirty - just hose it off.
      Came out very nice, only 4 pounds 2.1 ounces with batteries or 4.13 pounds, and way better balanced than the Gold Racer would be running the same coil. I can use a bungee if need be but at 4.13 pounds this weighs no more than many coils running smaller coils. Nice, I am keeping it permanently set up like this.
      Click on images for larger versions.