Anywhere, whites electronics is winner. 

Absolutely not true.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://garrett.com/noticesupdates Garrett Announces Acquisition Garland, TX, October 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Garrett Electronics, a design and manufacturing company specia

Very exciting news! Coming on the heels of Apex, it is obvious we are about to see a reinvigorated and newly aggressive Garrett. Very smart move on Garrett's part, and a good fit I think.

Just posted on the White's website:

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mh9162013 said:

Funny you should say that, considering the political leanings of that company (White's).

I hope my use of a well-recognized slogan doesn't result in a political discussion (or worse).  Steve has made it clear that's not what this site is about.  I don't know anything about White's political leanings, nor that of any other manufacturer, and I'd prefer maintaing my ignorance in that area.  I consider detectorprospector.com kind of a club where everyone gets along.  The best way to muck that up is to talk politics or religion.

My bad, and I'm changing the original post.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mh9162013 said:

Absolutely not true.

This is the fact my friend, If you want to know more, did a little searching and you will see.

I wish you all the best to you!

The Garrett company has a great opportunity to make great pur manual detector. Hope they hear my suggestions.

In the beach, the White’s won,

In the bad ground the White’s won,

In the moon, the White’s won,

No company that can match White’s.

Hamid

That must be why they were such good sellers 🙂

Maybe the purchase was just at a price that was too good to refuse, it took a long time for the sale to take place it's not like they jumped on it.  Maybe they played hardball and let Whites think nobody wanted them and took them out for a bargain price at the end.  Really the only likely purchasers were First Texas and Garrett, and First Texas didn't seem overly interested.  The next few months will be quite telling if Garrett start selling any of the White's models.  I can't see any big metal box machines surviving it. 

If the only machine that survives is the 24k/GMX rebranded as a Garrett with a Garrett colour scheme it's probably all they needed as they didn't have a matching machine in their own line up, probably cheaper to buy the design and production capability off Whites in a fire sale than it was to design it themselves.

Saying things like they should dump the TDI and put the ATX into a TDI body.... it doesn't take buying out a competitor to put a detector into a new housing.

I think people thinking Garrett are going to revive old models like the V3i or use their dated technology in a new housing are dreaming, if they weren't selling for White's they're not going to sell for Garrett and putting that old software onto new hardware, yea right... may as well start all over again.    Maybe some of the patents might help Garrett achieve something that was restricted, who knows...

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Maybe some of the patents might help Garrett achieve something that was restricted, who knows.

I think that is the main reason Garrett did the deal! It Also would be nice to absorb some of their tech wizards! If they are still available! And could add something that the patents could not!!👍👍

• Like 2

Why did Garrett buy Whites? .....
Americans have realized that if they are to maintain their position in the global detector market ... they must simply "Globalize" ... and thereby keep the cost of manufacturing and the difficulty of developing and distributing detectors to markets at an acceptable level ...

Whites owns a sufficient number of patents at  PI and Multi VLF..= Garrett to save a lot of time and money on developing similar and proven technologies ... and thus gain time, for example, for possible innovation of these technologies.

Whites and Garret have a strong tradition in the USA, still very many ACTIVE users ... / made in America / according to me, while Garret focuses more on basic/middle class hobby detectors but also on detection equipment for state organizations in terms of security and protection ,, a. .. Whites again produced a large number of detectors focused on a higher class of hobby detectors, as well as detectors designed for gold prospecting ... where I also have a good experience

Many of these customers are large enough for Garrett / Whites to continue to successfully produce and sell their detectors.
and Garrett undertook to maintain both Whites Detector Service Centers in the United States at the Whites Detectors Warranty Service.

And that's a good step from Garrett.

The next few days will show what Garrett / Whites' next corporate policy will be like ... the merger of these companies has given Americans hope ... that new Whites detectors can be a reality ...

PS ..of course ... not only Americans will appreciate such a move ... but also many Whites users around the world ..

• Like 6

That's true El Nino, the first thing that come to mind when I saw it was Garrett was YAY! now I can buy White's products locally. Garrett is more accessible, White's made their gear hard to buy in other countries and even in the US they seemed to have a weird way of selling.  They'd rather their products sell by some guy calling himself a dealer out of his garage that opens by appointment only or on Saturday mornings than out of a big shop that gets thousands of people walk it's isles every day, or via the Internet, a worldwide shopping platform.

What they can sell locally if they had good products is minuscule compared to what they could sell around the world.  Look at Minelab, Australia is a big prospecting market but their local sales are small compared to other regions, and the US is a relatively small market for them too.

• Like 4

Almost forgot,

Good Morning Simon!!🌞  👍👍

• Haha 1

I wish them the best with this. Hopefully we will see a hybrid using the best of tech from both companies.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, phrunt said:

That must be why they were such good sellers 🙂

Maybe the purchase was just at a price that was too good to refuse, it took a long time for the sale to take place it's not like they jumped on it.  Maybe they played hardball and let Whites think nobody wanted them and took them out for a bargain price at the end.  Really the only likely purchasers were First Texas and Garrett, and First Texas didn't seem overly interested.  The next few months will be quite telling if Garrett start selling any of the White's models.  I can't see any big metal box machines surviving it. 

If the only machine that survives is the 24k/GMX rebranded as a Garrett with a Garrett colour scheme it's probably all they needed as they didn't have a matching machine in their own line up, probably cheaper to buy the design and production capability off Whites in a fire sale than it was to design it themselves.

Saying things like they should dump the TDI and put the ATX into a TDI body.... it doesn't take buying out a competitor to put a detector into a new housing.

I think people thinking Garrett are going to revive old models like the V3i or use their dated technology in a new housing are dreaming, if they weren't selling for White's they're not going to sell for Garrett and putting that old software onto new hardware, yea right... may as well start all over again.    Maybe some of the patents might help Garrett achieve something that was restricted, who knows...

You never know what kind of benefit Garrett could derive from the source code related to the v3i. If they are working on a high end multi frequency machine it could help a lot. 

I think expecting them to revive old detector lines that didn't sell well enough to keep White's afloat is pretty foolhardy.  It's probably a coin flip for them to keep some newer designs [24k/GMX].  Garrett seems to be really good at marketing.  Perhaps they can apply some of that expertise to White's products but marketing 20-25 year old detectors would be a real challenge. 

• Like 3