GPZ Front Panel Button Lag And WM12 Audio Drop Out

42 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

Firstly settings please, but I think I can guess at it a bit.

Sorry, should have thought of that.  My setting are very similar to Lunk's (because he was the one I learned from 🙂) and I have not really strayed to much from them for the last few years.  Although this year I am going to make a point to change it up in some old "patches" and see what comes about.

Gold Mode: High Yield (mostly); Ground Type: Normal; Sensitivity: 10-15; Ground Balance Mode: Semi; Ground Smoothing: Locate Patch; Volume: 15; Volume Limit: 3; Audio Smoothing: High; Threshold Level: 27; Threshold Pitch: 25.

49 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

I’m not sure if the sluggish button presses are linked as I find the GPZ frustrating slow at the best of times (press, waiting waiting waiting.....change 😖), the sluggish button behavior can also be corrected by firming up the Mylar power strip.

What you described is exactly what happens to me, sluggish or lagging button behavior.  I used to think I was not pushing the button fully, then I realized that I push the button and wait......it changes or selects.  After being able to fly through buttons like on an iPhone, this is so........slow........😴   My Z is no longer under warranty so I could open it up and take a look at the Mylar power strip, but that sure does make me nervous.  I think first I will try Rick's suggestion of turning off the GPS and see if it speeds things up.  Have you ever tried that or anyone for that matter?  More people who give it a go, the more we might know.

53 minutes ago, Jonathan Porter said:

The other thing that can send the GPZ into conniptions is having the WM12 turned on before the detector boots up, it tries to connect up the audio before all the parameters are fully loaded and can throw the detector into a looping power cycle. Best work flow is to turn on the detector and wait till the battery icon appears then turn on the WM12, follow this procedure and all is well.

I will give this a try too.  I always have done it completely backwards than you described.  I always liked hearing that Minelab tune intro.  Kind of gets you all excited to metal detect😁.  But I will do your way, especially since you have had much better results.

Thank you for the help JP!

• Like 3