** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

9 hours ago, geof_junk said:

"  Last night we were woke up by the return of the midnight screechers as I call them. The bobcats come in from the west and screech blood curdling calls to each other as they approach camp. "

If you are in Australian Bush you may hear a terrifying animal blood curdling call. It will be coming from one of our DROP BEARS known as KOALA. Carol and I was night camping in a National park when the Koala let go. Two Italian girls doing a backpacking hike in Australia raced up to our tent as scared as can be.   

1200px-Dropbear.thumb.jpg.4c454a975249c4a4f18a7c4888f90ab1.jpg

The drop bear is a hoax in contemporary Australian folklore featuring a predatory, carnivorous version of the koala. This imaginary animal is commonly spoken about in tall tales designed to scare tourists. Wikipedia

Very interesting! As for Jed's midnight screechers, I have heard them while camped out there also. 

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

2 hours ago, GhostMiner said:

A map of the area as Jed worked it.

img398.jpg

The top of fault kettle is pretty good size being about 100 ft long and 60 ft wide & 25 ft deep or so. It has been worked but there is a good chance of finding gold still there and needs exploration work. It's remote so innitial exploration is going to be by hand with a drywasher. 

• Like 3
  • Oh my! 1

GM, I stumbled on this forum after searching for something I can’t remember and fell down the rabbit hole of this thread. i’ve become a member just to comment on your story.

An amazing tale that I’m fully invested in lol.

I’m an Aussie living in a small town of about 1,000 people and even though my grandfather was a mad prospector in a renowned NSW gold region it’s taken me 64 years to get “the bug”.

Thanks for the work you are putting in.

My only connection with Sierra Nevada is I love the Sierra Nevada beers! A carton of Torpedo (24 stubbies) in Aus is US$93 !

By the way, where I live the wild dogs are much more dangerous than the drop bears 😀

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Macca said:

GM, I stumbled on this forum after searching for something I can’t remember and fell down the rabbit hole of this thread. i’ve become a member just to comment on your story.

An amazing tale that I’m fully invested in lol.

I’m an Aussie living in a small town of about 1,000 people and even though my grandfather was a mad prospector in a renowned NSW gold region it’s taken me 64 years to get “the bug”.

Thanks for the work you are putting in.

My only connection with Sierra Nevada is I love the Sierra Nevada beers! A carton of Torpedo (24 stubbies) in Aus is US$93 !

By the way, where I live the wild dogs are much more dangerous than the drop bears 😀

Hello Macca. It is great to hear from you & many thanks for reading the journal. 

• Like 2