Steve’s Detector Rods S Shaft - Nag And You Shall Receive!

nickelNdimed

6 hours ago, mh9162013 said:

When you used the stock Equinox shaft, which of the 4 holes did you use for the arm cuff?

I used the same on both shaft. Steve can probably confirm but I believe they are the same as stock on the carbon shaft. I use the 2nd from front or 3rd from back of the 4 holes. Otherwise if I use furthest back the cuff would be right on my elbow

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nickeldNdimed said:

I used the same on both shaft. Steve can probably confirm but I believe they are the same as stock on the carbon shaft. I use the 2nd from front or 3rd from back of the 4 holes. Otherwise if I use furthest back the cuff would be right on my elbow

Thanks!

Since I know your height and what your "arm cuff position settings" are, I now have a good idea of how I want my customization to work on the S-shaft if I finally get down to ordering it.

• Like 3

mh -- yes, it's as nickeldNdimed said.  On my straight shaft, I keep the distance between the handle, and each of the arm cuff holes, the same as on the stock Minelab shaft.  On my S-shaft, it's the same way.  The four arm cuff holes have the same spacing, and are the same distance from the handle, as is the case with the stock shaft.

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, steveg said:

mh -- yes, it's as nickeldNdimed said.  On my straight shaft, I keep the distance between the handle, and each of the arm cuff holes, the same as on the stock Minelab shaft.  On my S-shaft, it's the same way.  The four arm cuff holes have the same spacing, and are the same distance from the handle, as is the case with the stock shaft.

Thanks!

Steve

Steve, I also wanted to update that I had the opportunity the last couple of weekends to get out for 2.5-3 hr hunts and it swings great for me, no arm issues, and it doesn’t roll over as much as it used to when lay it down. Looking forward to get some longer hunts in with it. Honestly, I’m not even sure I’ll get the 10x5 for it anytime soon...

• Like 1

nickeldNdimed -- THANKS for the additional feedback!  That is really good news.  And if the shaft is doing so well for you that you may not be forced to go with a smaller/lighter coil, then that's REALLY good news!  I'm really glad it's helping you out!

Thanks!

Steve

• Like 2

• 1 month later...