I Got Lost But, Found Couple Of Things...

I found this site about this time last year before some major surgery. I intentionally ignored Relic Hunting in all forms, even online browsing. Because my I wanted to heal after this surgery and not bust stitches in my quest for Relics! Anyways lost a phone & changed a phone, plus with my fine memory. I actually lost this forum? Couldn't remember name of forum etc... Then I got busy with life again. I started long road too recovery, slowly working, & digging again! Last week someone replied to a post I made on this site a long time ago. I was emailed reply. So here I am again thanks to a old thread!!! Kac... You still around, where's my shovel? 😂

Anyways, I've been back on my feet for awhile now & digging! I'll start slow but, post a few things here & there... 

I found this thin small piece of copper a few weeks ago on property my friend has permission too dig. Any thoughts to what it could be?

IMG_20220326_124808632.jpg

IMG_20220326_124926352.jpg

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, The Georgiadigger said:

I found this site about this time last year before some major surgery. I intentionally ignored Relic Hunting in all forms, even online browsing. Because my I wanted to heal after this surgery and not bust stitches in my quest for Relics! Anyways lost a phone & changed a phone, plus with my fine memory. I actually lost this forum? Couldn't remember name of forum etc... Then I got busy with life again. I started long road too recovery, slowly working, & digging again! Last week someone replied to a post I made on this site a long time ago. I was emailed reply. So here I am again thanks to a old thread!!! Kac... You still around, where's my shovel? 😂

Anyways, I've been back on my feet for awhile now & digging! I'll start slow but, post a few things here & there... 

I found this thin small piece of copper a few weeks ago on property my friend has permission too dig. Any thoughts to what it could be?

IMG_20220326_124808632.jpg

IMG_20220326_124926352.jpg

Welcome back, GD. Sorry to read about your difficulty. Glad you're back up and "running" your finds are always fascinating. 👍

That looks strikingly similar to the tag you posted last time, guess this one isn't stamped, and for a different, um... Plantation? It's there more detail?

I'm a huge Georgia fan, heading there very soon. 🙂

Yes Sir, a little more details before I'm out the door. Last tag I found was diamond shaped. Lafar made this scalloped corner Slave Hire Badge for one year 1811. Wearers of tag complained it woke poke and scratch them when worn working in the City of Charleston. Exceptionally rare year, common occupation, but, it was the nearly perfect tag. I'd always dreamed about digging. They rarely come out of the ground in this condition. Tag still was the natural body curve Lafar stamp into piece. This  IMG_20220326_214833999.thumb.jpg.511c1827d76774fb7bb17bee169e0372.jpgwas my second signal of the day, right after a modern Lincoln penny. It shocked me to say the least. A dream relic & holding such a part of history in my hand. Sent an adrenaline rush through me that took me hours too calm down from and concentrate on my digging again! Sorry about the manicure or, lack there of!

IMG_20220326_212815299_1.jpg

IMG_20220326_212945135.jpg

IMG_20220326_214755824.jpg

• Like 7
  • Oh my! 2

Awesome. So what did I win? 🤣

Ironic you dug that and a Lincoln penny. 😀

Great find and truly a historical piece. 👍 Best of luck to you today!

• Like 1

When I saw your first photo of the tag in your first post today I was thinking it could be a slave tag but figure it wasn't since it was dug in Georgia instead of in and around Charleston S.C., it's a great find and quite valuable many of these tags value in the several thousands of dollars range, I have seen several sell for $3000 to $4000!!

I wonder how it got to be in your area, I'm sure if it could talk it would be a great story!!

• Like 3

Fantastic find and glad to see you back again.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Excuse my ignorance, but how was it worn ? A chain around the neck ?

Thanks, 

Carolina