Quest V80, V60 Coming Soon!!

11 minutes ago, DSMITH said:

Is that not what all detectors do is average a target or targets and then gives you what it thinks the TID should be for a given metal object Hell even the dirt comes in to play in the averaging of a TID, I will just wait until the V80 comes out and purchase one and see what it is all about if I can find someone that sells them in the U.S, LOL

I'm referring to averaging as in, "a single complex target that gives multiple ID numbers, is then averaged to give one ID number. For example, if an irregularly shaped object like a bent object, gives the ID as 23-24-25-26-27, does the ID stabilization feature just average it and display only 25 as the ID? If so, I wouldn't want it.

• Like 1

Found the Quick Start Guide for the V80 on the Quest website. Here's what it says about the Gyro Sensor

Gyro Sensor
Instruct the detector to automatically initiate ground
balance without manual button press. Enable the
detector to automatically enter power-saving mode if
there is no motion detected for 5 seconds. Activate
motion detection for the detector to measure swing
speed and angle for improved accuracy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GeoBill said:

Found the Quick Start Guide for the V80 on the Quest website. Here's what it says about the Gyro Sensor

Gyro Sensor
Instruct the detector to automatically initiate ground
balance without manual button press. Enable the
detector to automatically enter power-saving mode if
there is no motion detected for 5 seconds. Activate
motion detection for the detector to measure swing
speed and angle for improved accuracy.

I like that idea of not having to press a button to ground balance.  It senses the pumping motion and ground balances whenever you pump the coil.  Nice!

• Like 5

OK, the Quest V80 has me legit intrigued. I'll be curious to see what others report on YouTube (and hopefully on this forum).

• Like 2

Me too, I just can't justify buying another detector, I think it's about it for me for buying detectors, I've reached peak detector, my limit has been reached.  Detectors all seem so close in performance these days often there is very little need for another one.

Following Quest with interest though, it's fantastic to see another company enter the high end multi frequency market, further leaving the old institutions on their last legs falling further and further behind.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

Me too, I just can't justify buying another detector, I think it's about it for me for buying detectors, I've reached peak detector, my limit has been reached.  Detectors all seem so close in performance these days often there is very little need for another one.

Following Quest with interest though, it's fantastic to see another company enter the high end multi frequency market, further leaving the old institutions on their last legs falling further and further behind.

Come on phrunt whats one more detector, LOL that's what I keep telling my self

(I need One More Detector Like I Need another hole in my head)

But I want it

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

DSMITH  

With a hole in your head you can vent our frustration .

Chuck 

Hell Chuck I do not even have enough holes in my head to vent my own frustration

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phrunt said:

Why does this remind me of the following? (cut and pasted from this site )
Charlie-Brown_football.png.d95091787d4e3fe1c74aee6eb0e36c10.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2