Sign in to follow this  
Fskafish

Vaquero New Permission

New permission finds with my vaquero

20180312_182009.jpg

20180312_182107.jpg

• Like 5

That’s interesting. Any ideas why the piece is missing from the Merc?

No ive looked at it all evening trying to think of something, i thought maybe a lawnmower but i just think a mower would have done more damage, its like the date was purposely cut out of it.seems to be a pretty even and uniform cut considering.

That is what I thought - looked like somebody trying to make some kind of tool/key.

looks like a 22 bullet and then some one cut out the rough part...why??? could not guess...

Looks like it might have got caught into a piece of machinery, maybe some gears from farm equipment? A bullet might bend it but wouldn't take a piece out because lead is too soft. Depleted uranium rounds might do that but doubt anyone is shooting a 22 with that hehe.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By calabash digger
      Went on the hunt for a new site I have been researching...

• By calabash digger
      Hit a new spot with S.C. Keith. Keith dug the Block I

• By calabash digger
      My buddy digs the War of 1812 button in the video.

• By rod-pa
      Since Steve is looking for more pictures...
      I did get out Saturday afternoon.  Temps said 30 deg, so figured it was a good day to see how my Vista Gold Gain likes colder weather.  I have been addicted to using it since trading for it in August, in any site that is not too infested with modern aluminum.  The part of the field I was hunting is usually very wet, and hence, freezes very solid...its kind of like frozen mud...once you disturb it...gets messy.  The frozen solid layer 2 weeks ago was only about 2 inches...Saturday it was about 5 inches.  A brief plug for anyone looking for a new shovel.  I have had my Lesche 38 ground shark d-handle for more than 3 years now.  It is indestructible.   It was taking 3 or 4 jumps per cut to get through the ice layer...then I basically pried using my weight to get the plug up.  The targets were mostly below the frozen stuff, so actually pinpointing and retrieving targets once the plug was out...pretty easy.
      This spot produces its share of buttons...didnt disappoint this time, either.  VGG just nails the small stuff as easily as the larger items.  
      The oval is a cufflink, it has a running fox on it...ozzie and I have both gotten multiple of these at this spot now, and I have multiples of the other ladies buttons from other hunts there as well.  The object just to the left of the spoon....It is a cast item, as it has a seam.  It is a decorative item, as it has two flowers on it.  I will post other pictures if I can manage to get it cleaned up any better. 
      Temps have been so low the last 4 days...no shot at detecting now unless it warms up for a week or two...i shall hope.

• By calabash digger
      Site was slim pickings but coughed this up.

• By groundscanner
      Here are my best finds from my last two trips with my new Equinox 800.  The site is an old plantation that has been under continual cultivation since the 1830's.   All detecting took place in plowed fields with over 180 years of accumulated nails, iron farm implements, and assorted trash.  Running the 800 with no discrimination sounds like machine gun fire due to the massive amounts of nails and other iron (I wasn't searching this way though!).  I was running the 800 mostly in Field 1 and occasionally in Field 2.  Field 1 was a touch quieter. 
      I found 6 Tax Tokens, a V nickel, a buff, and one Jefferson nickel; 5 pennies including one IH;  one merc and one 1876 Carson City seated liberty dime.  I was very excited about the CC dime since this is a Mississippi site and I have never found one before.  Unfortunately both dimes have plow marks.  This is not uncommon considering the amount of cultivation.
      Additional finds included a nice flat button, bridle boss, several brass rivets, heel plate, and other whatzits.  The smaller rivet was fairly deep.
      Considering the amount of trash I was very impressed with the 800.