Nice Little Slug

Jin

6 hours ago, phrunt said:

Finding gold to me isn't so much about the value of the gold, I couldn't care less if a 1 ounce bit was worth $2.33, it's the fun and challenge of doing it.

Ok, next time you find a 1 ounce bit I'll offer you 10 times that much.  ?

I agree that it's the thrill of the chase that excites me, as long as I get rewarded once in a while.  Gold can be found with a $450 detector, a $900 one, a $2500 one, a $7000 one.  Everyone has his/her threshold when it comes to how much to spend for that fun.  And some people find enough to supplement their income or even (rarely) to make it their primary source.  Does the price determine the likelihood of finding gold, or more to the point the amount of gold?  Likely, but sometimes there are better things to do with that money.  On this I think we all agree although sometimes it seems like responders to questions of "which detector should I buy" don't take this into account.  Not a problem on this thread, though.  Now go out and have that fun!  I'm planning on some this weekend.

• Like 3

Very nice looking piece of gold Jim.  Hope to see you posting more of those.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:06 PM, GB_Amateur said:

I agree that it's the thrill of the chase that excites me, as long as I get rewarded once in a while.  Gold can be found with a $450 detector, a $900 one, a $2500 one, a $7000 one.  Everyone has his/her threshold when it comes to how much to spend for that fun.  And some people find enough to supplement their income or even (rarely) to make it their primary source.  Does the price determine the likelihood of finding gold, or more to the point the amount of gold?  Likely, but sometimes there are better things to do with that money.  On this I think we all agree although sometimes it seems like responders to questions of "which detector should I buy" don't take this into account.

Well said GB. The majority of my better pieces could have been heard with a Tandy Micronta.

Where you choose to search is waaaay more important than what detector you use

• Like 6