Problem With Equinox 600

Natew1214

27 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

if I've caused that

Not at all Chuck, quite the opposite actually.  

3 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

"Recovery 4" on the 600?

Well, since I use both the 800 and 600, I have a tendency to speak in 800 terms. You are right, the actual recovery was 2 on the 600... but that is the equivalent of 4 on the 800.  Still scratching my head on why Minelab decided on different scales between the machines.. haha.   I agree (as usual) with your comments.... I guess they just wanted us to keep our division and multiplication skills sharp. 😉  

One was most definitely on edge... in fact when I spotted it in a "tangent tunnel" I was chasing down... it was side facing toward the "center" of the hole.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/15/2021 at 11:03 AM, midalake said:

The pinpointer on the Equinox is a huge disappointment.  Learn how to pinpoint with the Horseshoe mode and stop all your headaches. 

try the heel and toe method, it works on virtually and DD coil.

• 1 year later...

So I’m going on the beach with my 600 and it goes crazy everywhere I go like every square inch is hitting something jumping from 7 to line 37 at all times…. What should I do? I factory reset it and also put it in beach mode 2.  Should I try and update it? I’m just confused as to what you do when this happens

6 hours ago, Chsurf3 said:

So I’m going on the beach with my 600 and it goes crazy everywhere I go like every square inch is hitting something jumping from 7 to line 37 at all times…. What should I do? I factory reset it and also put it in beach mode 2.  Should I try and update it? I’m just confused as to what you do when this happens

If you have a coil cover on>>>>Take it off and clean it.  Don't ever put it back on. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Chsurf3 said:

I remember having this problem in a few places, at a beach and campground with strong WiFi and cell signals, and near a cell tower at one of my farm permissions. Power lines above and below ground will also cause this.

About the only remedy was to switch to a single frequency, 10khz in most cases but you have to try them all. I've moved on to a multi frequency detector that doesn't have these issues as much.