Golden Words Of Joy And Praise

I don't need to say much here, other than the White's 24K Gold Detector performed as expected for me.

Here is his story.

Boise, Idaho

8/22/2019

"To Whom It May Concern:

This past Saturday I was helping a co-worker build a fence in his yard. Several hours into the project we stopped for a break. I pulled off my gloves and walked to my water bottle. No more than 30 seconds had passed since taking off my gloves when I noticed a weight differential on the hand where I wear a custom, 1 ounce Gold nugget ring, made in Alaska and given to me by my Grandfather after graduating from college. He has since passed away. The ring, a token of the affection he had for me. Upon realizing the ring was not on my finger a fear coursed through my whole body. Maybe you know it. It's the feeling you get when you lose your wallet or any other valuable possession. It is a horrible feeling. The ring had come off of my sweaty hand when I pulled it from the glove. I immediately let my friend know it was gone. Also helping with the fence were his son and neighbor. We spent the next 3 hours on our hands and knees searching. The search quadrant where I had been was not big. We were incredulous at being unable to find it. At the end of the 3 hour search, I gave up and started mentally preparing myself for the loss. Needless to say, I could not rationalize or minimize the loss away and I was feeling beyond terrible. I started going over what I would tell family members when they most certainly would ask why I was not wearing the family heirloom, which I never take off. At this point my friends son suggested I call an expert (Gerry) who he found doing a simple google search for "metal detectors," to consult on what the best course of action would be. I was not optimistic. My thought was, if 4 people searching for 3 hours in a small area could not find it, then who could? Nonetheless I called Gerry. Right away I could tell by the questions he was asking he knew what he was talking about. I scheduled a time later that day for him to come over with his equipment and perform a targeted search. To me, this was akin to throwing up a "hail mary." Fast forward two hours and Gerry arrived. Right off the bat I could tell he was a good person. He showed empathy, explained his process, went over the area with me, got a description of the ring and went to work. A small spark of hope was ignited. No more than 15 minutes later HE FOUND IT! To say I was ecstatic and overcome with joy does not even come close to describing the elation. After giving Gerry a bear hug and attempting to express my thanks verbally, the ring was safely back on my finger. We visited for another 15-20 minutes, getting to know one other. Gerry gave me advice on how to prevent this happening in the future, which I have already implemented. I imagine all this situations are different and have their own set of challenging variables but in my case Gerry came through for me and in extension, my family. My thanks to him in unending and I will not forget the service he provided. Of the many takeaways I gathered from the situation, perhaps the most salient point is, there are professionals out there who know what they are doing and can help in this sort of a situation. If you lose something, don't just write it off or give up hope. Don't struggle on your own. Give Gerry a call and consult with him. His personal and business integrity are unflappable and he will give it to you straight. If anyone would like to learn more about my experience, feel free to email at my personal email address, XXXXXXX. Thanks, Gerry! Words alone do justice to communicate my gratitude. "

NugRing1.jpg

NugRing2.jpg

NugRing3.jpg

Great story, Gerry.  But that was his side of it.  I can see you were using a White's Golmaster 24k, but what settings, coil, etc.?  Did you key in on a signal strength, conductivity range, gain setting,...?  How accurate was the location he predicted?  How long did it take to find?  Did you get any other targets that looked good?  Did he give any compensation (cash or otherwise -- I like to ask grateful recipients if they know of any properties I can search, such of those of older relatives -- i.e. permissions are more desired/valuable than simple cash, IMO).  Obviously your business's reputation and personal satisfaction were rewards in themselves.

The smiles say it all...Nice work Gerry!...do you think it was really an ounce? Is that a thumb in the photo? then I'll believe it's an ounce :biggrin:

strick

On 8/27/2019 at 5:36 PM, GB_Amateur said:

Great story, Gerry.  But that was his side of it.  I can see you were using a White's Golmaster 24k, but what settings, coil, etc.?  Did you key in on a signal strength, conductivity range, gain setting,...?  How accurate was the location he predicted?  How long did it take to find?  Did you get any other targets that looked good?  Did he give any compensation (cash or otherwise -- I like to ask grateful recipients if they know of any properties I can search, such of those of older relatives -- i.e. permissions are more desired/valuable than simple cash, IMO).  Obviously your business's reputation and personal satisfaction were rewards in themselves.

6" round coil to get better target separation in the yard full of iron nails.  Signal Strength and a hard Positive reading.  It was 25' from where he thought he lost it.  Took me about 15 minutes.  It was the 2nd signal I thought could be it.  The other was a brass sprinkler.  He did offer a small reward.  I always try to gain a potential hunt site when doing these.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:38 PM, strick said:

'The smiles say it all...Nice work Gerry!...do you think it was really an ounce? Is that a thumb in the photo? then I'll believe it's an ounce :biggrin:

strick

I've found quite a few nice pieces of gold, but not many monster rings.  I feel it was very close to an ounce.  Yes that is my thumb in the ring.

Yes!!!! Awesome recovery Gerry. That's a honker.