Beat Up, But Cool Campaign Stud

I was playing around with the Vanquish 440 in the parking strip yesterday afternoon, when I got a very strong consistent signal in the 4 -6 range. I haven't been digging many signals in this range, as I don't get many, and all I have dug, have been trash. This one was strong and not choppy at all, so I proceeded to dig.

Glad I did!

I pulled out a James M. Cox presidential campaign stud from the 1920 presidential election. His running mate was Franklin D. Roosevelt!  They lost to the Harding - Coolidge ticket.  This is pretty degraded, but cool to find just the same. Gonna have to go back and dig those lower signals!  I've included a picture of one in good condition.

CameraZOOM-20200530070739097.jpg

presidential_memorabilia398.jpg

Nice!  You're definitely a dig-it-all detectorists if you're down there well below USA nickels.  Have you started an aluminum foil collection yet?  😁  You are going to find gold jewelry down in that zone, too.  And maybe even a nickel 3-cent piece (which TIDs somewhere around 6-8 on the Equinox).  Keep it up!

5 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Nice!  You're definitely a dig-it-all detectorists if you're down there well below USA nickels.  Have you started an aluminum foil collection yet?  😁

You just made me blow coffee out my nose!

17 hours ago, Bash said:

You just made me blow coffee out my nose!

What no photos of it.

Nice find.