7 Hunts So Far With The AQ ... 6 Gold Rings And 1 Gold Earring ..

1 hour ago, South Padre Treasure said:

Nice job Joe! can you give a ball park figure on battery life while hunting? Also what do you think of the headphones? is it something that can be improved upon? Thanks Joe, Keep up the good work my friend!

Battery life on the machine I tested..ran between 3 hours and 20 minutes to 3 hours and 35 minutes..I did several test on that. (Hunting and just turned on) The average time to charge 4 hours,... give or take a few minutes..the battery would charge to 17.4 to 17.1..then the Alarm would go off around 14.1 volts..If your in the middle of digging a target you can finish that up but you have to be hitting the target in between the beep for they sound the same. Target and Alarm alerts. Also once the battery hits the alarm it will start to act strange (audio) Just like the excalibur does when it's alarm has gone off.

I was concerned about the head phones but after I used them, once.... I see now they are perfect for the machine. My only 2 things would be the connector's safety, and all you have to do is put a stress relief on the cord like pictured below. They are Plenty loud, and all I Would change on them is put the Gel ear pads on to help with comfort...but the Gels are Hot in the summer so keep the stock ones handy.

21 hp.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

"Those 7 hunts I dug about 4 pieces but I was only digging deep targets at all of these spots. Passing by all shallow targets..also I would say I only used the reject settings about 2 hours out of 25 hours?"

With some detectors it seems more difficult to judge the depth of targets from the sound. Perhaps you have already mentioned it but it seems that it isn't an issue with the Impulse AQ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Compass said:

"Those 7 hunts I dug about 4 pieces but I was only digging deep targets at all of these spots. Passing by all shallow targets..also I would say I only used the reject settings about 2 hours out of 25 hours?"

With some detectors it seems more difficult to judge the depth of targets from the sound. Perhaps you have already mentioned it but it seems that it isn't an issue with the Impulse AQ?

I have no issue with judging the depth, size or shape...until the target is close or on the surface. That is where the AQ throws me off..it's as loud on a small gold ring as the Excalibur is on a Aluminum can. Then I have to use the edge of the coil to get a idea of the size or location......The fact you can read/tell a nail or crab pot piece with its double chirp in AM is a good sign you can tell shape of the target. Like most PI's the "AQ"  in AM gives your ears information on the target,  that can be used for discriminating.

I think it has been easier for me to adapt to the "AQ" AM mode for I hunt in AM with the Excal 99% of the time. And they sound very close to the same.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Joe, thanks for taking the time and effort to show us what the AQ can do. 

• Like 3

Thank Steve, I'm clear to get out for the next week now. Date night is over and I'm ready to get in a good week of hunting and testing/playing/learning. I will be glad to see others besides you and me sharing there opinions. I have started loose track of questions and names..So I have started a list..Tides are not that great so I'll be poking around at some of the tougher locations. Plenty of bad targets ...should be fun and a workout.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I think it has been easier for me to adapt to the "AQ" AM mode for I hunt in AM with the Excal 99% of the time. And they sound very close to the same.

Hi Joe

I have more time hunting Sovereigns  on a Salt Beach in "all metal" then I care to admit. I always thought that Sov/Excal was very PI like in all metal. Can't wait for you to get more time on it!  Let me know if "volcanic" my have an impact in moving salt water.?   

Thanks Dave

11 hours ago, Hamid said:

Very nice Joe👍 Congratulations 😎

Impulse AQ Limited, what is the maximum voltage (v) 20 or 24? Thank you.

The maximum voltage is 17V for the battery.
The internal voltage is regulated at 15V until the end of battery discharge.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ALEXANDRE TARTAR said:

The maximum voltage is 17V for the battery.
The internal voltage is regulated at 15V until the end of battery discharge.

Thank you very much Alexandre 🙂 I wish you all the best 🙂