GPZ7000 And The Garrett Carrot Pinpointer

The Garrett carrot has three sensitivity adjustments...so if it's going crazy you can dumb it down to the lowest for big junk targets and pinpoint more effectively.

Strict

Scott- maybe you can find a spot on the back of your harness and rivet  the pin point holster to that.  I bought a cheap bladder pack from Big Five and cut off the arm and waist straps and attached it to the back of the pro swing harness. I carry my pick on my side but would rather have it on my back as you do. I don't find that it interferes with the 7000 that much on my side but the long handle on the pick sometimes hits my legs which is annoying.

strick

• The title was changed to GPZ7000 And The Garrett Carrot Pinpointer

Happy almost my birthday present to me from my darlin' wife. 

I confess I never felt a pinpointer would be worthwhile in the parks-wrong again! My wife ordered me a garret carrot and I am impressed. I was just digging in a local park where the grass in a rats nest and strong as fishing line. This gc made finding stuff shallow and deep a breeze-why did I wait so long?

I am eager to get out in the gold fields to see how/if it helps with deep targets...I never would have got one without imput from this forum.

fred

I use a retractable lanyard with mine. Keeps it far away from the coil but still available for use. I also never leave it behind anymore.

On October 13, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Steve Herschbach said:

Carry my Garrett Carrot every day. In rucksack on upper back, no problem.

When doing a frequency scan have the pinpointer turned on a few feet away, and it pretty much eliminates interence when operating the pinpointer while detector is turned on.

That's it Steve. I use the Deteknix Wader Li when swinging the 7000 or 5000 with any coil bigger than a 12". If you don't do the trick above, and your detector settles on a bad frequency, then the Deteknix may interfere about 5 feet away. But Noise cancel so the Pin-pointer is taken into consideration and you can get quite close.

No issues with hot ground with the Deteknix either, and 4 Sens clicks and a retune if you really want to home in. Still hoping I'll need to use that Retune button on a mother of a deep nugget though  :rolleyes:

Wrapping aluminum foil around the coil part of the Garrett Pinpointer will allow you to carry the pinpointer in a front pocket or on your belt.  I had the same problem and the foil solved it, I'm using a GPX 5000.  You can also line the holster with a pie tin as a friend of mine has done, the al foil will eventually tear.

• 4 weeks later...