Is Lesche The Best

And that's how "Silver Surfer Shovels"ย of NZ were born......๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I don't think the problem with the Sampson shovels is a quality problem, it's a design problem.

The new company (Predator Tools) which George Lesche is now associated with has a version which is better made than the Sampson.ย  I also previously pointed out their better sheath for the small hand digger.ย  WW Manufacturing (or whatever they're called) has apparently cut corners, as 67GTA alluded to.ย  But they got the name and lower prices -- double whammy pair of high mountains to overcome.

Steel isn't strong enough where it connects to the blade. Ideally using the same metal then tempering the entire shovel would be best but probably not cost effective. The oven size is also an issue. I have the ground shark that is really beefy and well made that I doubt will bend but I find it pretty hefty to lug around all day. It is welded similar but has a beefy piece of angle welded on the back and serves as a foot peg.

• 2 weeks later...

That "digger" will not only get you thrown out of the park, but targeted by a SWAT Team!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

For when i dig manicured lawns which is very rarely and need a precision cut of the turf i use a 'Hori Hori knife' works a treat,always carry it with me anyway but mainly just for when recovering a lost item on someone pride and joy lawn.