Paid The Dues for Success!

What do you get with 4 GPZ's and 4 experienced operators and one old patch? More nuggets! A good patch is never totally dead if you have a few tricks up your sleeves to coax an elusive nugget to take the bait. Taking full advantage of the GPZ in an old patch is time consuming. And extra slow movement of the coil and a good after market set of headphones are a must to hear the sounds of a nugget that has escaped every detector that swung in an old patch. Patience of a successful Fisherman or Hunter is a must in our Hobby/Sport. Don't judge the cost of these 4 detectors, nor the size of the nuggets found during this hunt...just all the fun we had! Until the next hunt

LuckyLundy

post-397-0-93893800-1449117870_thumb.jpe

WTG guys, there's lots of GPZ nuggets left in these old patches for the skilled operator.

Cost effectiveness is measured in a year or two, not a day. But like Rick said "Don't judge the cost of these 4 detectors, nor the size of the nuggets found during this hunt...just all the fun we had!"

People spend a ton more money than this on big boy toys. I sold boats for $200,000 that cost $500 to fill up at the dock. All to go catch fish that could be bought far cheaper at Costco - but would not be near as fun!

Gold prospecting is the only hobby I think I've ever had where I've actually got the chance to MAKE money. Skiing, snowboarding, surfing etc. all I did was spend money and take home memories.

There's no guarantee of success with nuggetshooting, but there's a chance you can take a little money home at the end of the day. And sometimes A LOT of money if you hit a big nugget.

At the end of the day we're all just buying our gold. Unless you've been lucky enough to have found enough to pay off your detector and you start actually making a profit.