Paul Kirkeminde - Detector Prospector Man Of The Year!

Steve Herschbach

I have been thinking for some time how it might be nice every once in awhile to recognize somebody on the forum in a special way. I thought about doing a poll but that seemed like it could get into some kind of popularity contest with ballot box stuffing and hurt feelings so I just decided to make it simple. My forum, my pick!

There is a guy on the forum who goes by vanursepaul. Back in March he did something that really made me sit up and take notice. He gave his White's MXT away to a total stranger on the forum! The story need not be told here and I have since wondered about the individual Paul gave the detector to, but there is no doubt it was a special act by a special person to do what Paul did. This was back in March at http://www.detectorprospector.com/forum/topic/737-thank-you-to-all-the-men-and-boys-at-this-forum/?p=6731

Further, Paul works at the VA supporting our veterans. Now, I will admit to being a peacenik of sorts and there are few if any military actions that have taken place in my lifetime that I think were worth a drop of American blood. Regardless of that however I have an very deep and abiding respect for the men and women who serve in the military. There is no doubt that having a strong military is vital to the nation, and that without the willingness and sacrifices of the men and women in uniform I would not enjoy anything like the life I have had, because of people like them willing to put their lives on the line for me. I am awed and humbled by them all. You all have my greatest respect and I thank you for the jobs you do or have done.

That also goes very much to people like Paul who look out for the interests of our veterans in any way and at any level. There are those that have paid a serious price for serving our country and we can never do enough to help them. Thank you Paul.

Then I saw that Paul was the first person I know of to jump on ordering a new Makro Gold Racer and it all clicked. Paul was the obvious candidate. Dilek Gonulay with Makro is my partner in crime here because she provided me with a brand new Makro Pinpointer to give to Paul for use with his new Makro detector when it arrives. There is not a more deluxe pinpointer package on the market and totally waterproof also. It comes in it's own little hardcase and even has a couple special slip on protective tips for use scraping and poking around in rough conditions.

So I met Paul today and bought him lunch and gave him the pinpointer Dilek sent me. Thank you for the donation Dilek.

post-1-0-12139300-1449615371.jpg

Congratulations Paul Kirkeminde - Detector Prospector Man of the Year!

post-1-0-59974400-1449615392_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-84275100-1449615393_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a stroke of genius Steve. Thanks to Dilek for the donation. I hate to admit it in print but you picked the right guy for the award. 

P.K. is a good man.

Congrats Paul, can I borrow your pin pointer?

WOW first Detector Prospector Man of the Year!

Congratulations Paul you certainly deserve it.  :)

Excellent choice Steve and a great idea. Paul's generosity and good will is well known by his friends.

Thanks for recognizing Paul and setting an example for good forum juju Steve.

Wow...What a shocker!!! :o

I'll have to admit I wasn't suspecting anything like this when Steve called to have lunch..... instead----

I figured the obvious---- you know ... that he would be looking for information about detecting in general, I knew he would be asking me all kinds of questions about researching and geology, claims, all those details he hasn't yet picked up on....and I was certain he would be asking me about that latest great find..... :D

But for somehow he kept his cool..... he didn't even ask me one question about how to adjust his 7000.... :huh: ??????

-------------------------------

In all seriousness,

Thank you Steve and Dilek for the gift..... and mainly just the thought behind it---

We all pretty well think the Professor was bogus now..... but I don't know that for sure....and just because I didn't hear anything back won't keep me from giving things to people in the future..... I did my part, (just like DrillerDave did when he let me borrow that detector before I could afford to buy it)  I did my part and showed the Professor the Paul that Jesus had changed!   And that's all I can do......

Thanks again everyone on the forum----

Merton--you can PM me......[and yes...the answer is NO :lol: ]