An 8 Ring Sort Of Day

Great hunting with some very nice finds for sure!

Keep up the good work and good luck on your next outing.

Great job and thanks for the view of what is out there.  I had the feeling the waves had done some classification and I would have loved to have stayed longer on the beach on Friday.

Thanks also for the 'get a couple of towers away' thinking.  If I get out and see someone working my way then I'll either jump behind them or pickup and go to another beach.  I hate to be crowded.

9 hours ago, PPP said:

Nice job! what detector do you have?

I was using the Equinox for this hunt.

47 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Great job and thanks for the view of what is out there.  I had the feeling the waves had done some classification and I would have loved to have stayed longer on the beach on Friday.

Thanks also for the 'get a couple of towers away' thinking.  If I get out and see someone working my way then I'll either jump behind them or pickup and go to another beach.  I hate to be crowded.

These finds weren’t from this storm but the one before.

I was there Friday and I saw a guy with a pulse induction gridding following the tide down. I went back up to the dry sand to pass him, I was planning to start at a specific place which was 4 towers away.  He saw me walking and he decided to follow me.  I got to where I wanted to start hunting and he passed me just far enough for his detector not to interfere with mine and started detecting there. This guy is quite a piece of work, he’s a veteran Detectorist who can’t fill he’s holes or even take his trash he digs, leaving it besides the holes. Sorry for the rant but this was quite annoying so I had to share.

Yes, there are some guys out who dig a hole and put their tent stake up like a prized kill and leave it for others to find again.  It is irritating and I wonder what they actually find but they don't get it all.  

A couple of years ago I had words with a guy who would dig with a short hand scoop.  He would leave a sharp edged hole and not leave much dirt around it so it was like a 'trap' he made.  We screamed at each other over a few months or avoided each other but he is not out any more when I am there.