6000 Vs Z7000 With X-coils Combo

• The title was changed to 6000 Vs Z7000 With X-coils Combo

Had to turn it off. The background (foreground?) music is just too bloody loud to hear him talk properly. I don't know why many videos feel they need music. Maybe because they don't have enough good content?😁

Steve, That's not cussing in Australia----🤣-- 

I have had Sheila's in Meeka come off with worse expletives than that old fat bas..... 🤠

The "Taskmaster" was the one who really taught me how to cuss Aussie style------he led by example---

(Dont know what he was cussing about all the time tho.... I was right there too... )

It was hard to tell because when he was looking right at me a frantically waving his arms like a madman and yelling, "%&^@)()#(_ @#)*)@#*@_.... bleep bleep bleep-&^%&%)^#@&---- it made me think maybe he had seen something behind me that upset him........??????--Yeh THAT'S IT...something behind me...yep.. had to be...

I was able to witness the the same type behavior from my Dimbulah mentor---almost exactly the same type string of expletives spewed over a prolonged period of time one morning----( i dont forget those lessons) 😳😉

May even heard a little of it in the FNQ with the Goldhounds---but yeah naw, Tremain is too laid back, Dave wasnt there enough to see me in action..lol... ....now Dale...... yeah Dale may have snapped once or twice whilst trying to explain something to me again ----- for the hundreth time.... hahahahaha----- 

Lord I wish I were back!!!!

Tis just that you up-overs stretch us past our limits, don`t they learn youse nothin up there, ya got come down-under to get edumacated.

Tis no BS the ZX coil 17 Concentric has that sort of depth/sensitivity to scraps of gold, but IMHO it is beaten hands down only by one detector, the ML6000/11 mono if used with BT Torus band speakers or standard included BT ML100 H/phones seriously, what will the 6000 do with its 17Mono..... I am sorry X coil but that`s the reality of this fast paced tech world. Mono spiral coils for the 6000 may be the go for you, an around 12x8 be a top first build if possible.

In my extremely limited (as in, a few minutes testing) use of the 17" on the 6000, the 15" concentric X Coil was a better signal on the one nugget (1 gram, crystalline) we tested before I had to leave early. I've said this already.

I also said how I think the concentric coils and/or 17" spiral are still going to keep the 7000 as depth king in less salty places like Arizona. And how the 10" X Coil comes close to equalling the 11" mono on the 6000 in salt capability and sensitivity, and how the 8" might actually be a little better than the 6000/11" in those two measures.

In the same breath, the concentric coil got so much salt response during actual field use outside the test patch that I literally couldn't tell the difference between the salt response in the hole, and the target which I had already dug up and removed, the 6000 could. That said, I still forced myself to spend 20 minutes more running the concentric and adjusting settings, just to see if I could make it work or find a trick, where most would give up in a couple minutes.

I also stated how the stock 7000 coil actually performs even worse in this salt than the concentric.

Now that said, not everyone is in salt so the tests are not applicable for many people. But it does show that simply looking at 1 nugget dig, somewhere else in the world in who knows what type of ground, is not particulary instructive without more information provided. In other words: context.

I go out of my way to provide as much context as possible.

There are a lot of intangibles to consider too, which a simple dig on video doesn't show, when comparing two completely different machines . Speed, weight, stability, suitability for the terrain. For instance, this Fat Bastard is detecting in shrubs with the concentric, but mentions nothing about the fact that that 6000 is going to get good signal right next to the bushes, whereas the concentric is going to miss targets hidden in or next to the bushes due to the desensitized rim. And it's going to reduce that coverage all while feeling like a boat anchor on your arm, to get a bit more sensitivity. 

Are there cases where it's worth it? Yes. As I already mentioned - patch cleaning, detecting wide open areas, etc. 

Everything is give and take. I try to explain it all. I take my queue from Steve H, who's reviews I've admired since when I first started detecting, because they gave the whole picture that other reviews lacked.

Is the 6000 absolute king? no. Is the 7000 w/X Coils absolute king? No. It's more complex than that.

What I'm showing is what to expect out of equipment with actual prospecting, in actual places many people on this forum detect, plus how the intangibles affect the whole picture.

I can't help but feel this "honest" shot is right over my bow since I'm the one that wrote in the greatest detail about 6000 vs X Coils in the USA. Maybe I misunderstood or something was lost in translation? I'm not upset, in fact I find that when both sides feel something I've said is not doing a product justice over another product, that I've managed to find a proper place in the center. But honesty means something big to me, trust means something big, and if it's about me personally rather than the equipment then I do take issue with that.

Every time a new detector comes out this ‘comparison syndrome’ comes to the fore as everyone clamours for information and impatiently waits for access to stock or more feedback from their trusted sources. Those of US in the know have a few choices in situations like this but both of them are frustrating to the extreme (talk it up or shut up 😞).

As more people join the ranks of those of us in the KNOW things will start to settle down but this usually takes a year or more and in some cases such as the 7000 there are actual hot beds of communities where deniers still say the GPX5000 is better than the 7000 or can hold its own performance wise against the 7000 😳. I personally know statements like this are a crock of Horseschist but trying to have a discussion with this type of wall-eyed mindset is pointless, hence why you do not see me posting on here much since the 6000 release. 🤕

Firstly the 6000 (as good as it is) is not my detector of choice because in the areas I choose to detect performance is king, so I choose outright depth performance over the amazing performance of the GPX6000. This might sound incredibly smug but I actually get bored with the 6000, IMHO it is just plain too easy to go out and get a piece of gold with it. There is a very GOOD reason why you see Steve Herschbach actually getting excited over this detector, I for one am thrilled to see such passion in both him and his small group of trusted friends who he has invited to try his detector out. 😊  Steve is excited because his USA detecting areas are PERFECT for the GPX6000 and so are a lot of other areas around the globe. You target the right areas and the 6000 will light up like a Christmas tree doused in petrol with a struck match thrown at it. 😂 

I have hundreds of locations around Australia that are played out for the GPZ, literally hundreds even thousands that just do not have the depth to justify the performance of the 7000 even with an X coil attached.😲 These locations still have gold in them, so do I just put my head in a bucket of sand and pretend the gold isn’t there or do I grab the 6000 and go get my share before someone else does? Because at the end of the day that is exactly what has been playing out since the first detector hit our shores back in the 70’s.

In my particular circumstances gold has a significant impact on my income, combine that with my 33 years of detecting experience and access to still largely virgin areas, where larger deeper gold or variable ground conditions require the use of ZVT then of course I will still be using the GPZ 7000 as my mainstay detector......UNLESS conditions require the use of the 6000 such as salt ground or EMI or stupidly huge amounts of sub gram gold liberally scattered about, and yes I do know such places that are well out of the way and will one day in the hopefully very near future be revisited by me.

So here is my take on the GPZ7000 versus GPX6000 debate, GET or have BOTH, they both have relevance, they both are unique and they both do their thing that the other just can’t do with a liberal cross over in the middle for those times you cannot decide which one to swing or when you realise you just cannot swing BOTH at once!! 🙄 😂  If you cannot decide which one to go for go for the GPX6000 because those of you in the KNOW should already have the experience to KNOW what the 7000 can do that nothing else can.😠  If you do not find gold regularly with the GPZ 7000 then you absolutely should stop dithering about and get a 6000. 😜 

To THOSE of you who do not trust the WORD of very experienced and well respected people on this forum you should just sit on the fence and be quiet till someone you do trust comes along and tells you exactly what has already been said here. 🧐 🤔 

“A wise old owl sat in a tree, the more he heard the less he spoke, the less he spoke the more he heard, why can’t we ALL be like that wise old bird”

Until such time ML and X coil get together to eliminate the need for the patch cable, X coils are only the go for enthusiasts. The majority of consumers understandably want an off the shelf product. So to X coil I say, some of us will go down the patch cable route but the majority will not, that is very obvious from the X coil threads on this forum. 

The Fat Bastard vid shows the Z being cable connected ( did he mention what to? the music got to me I was rockin😉) whereas the 6000 appears stock standard on external speaker, the external speaker is good but the H/phone or Torus band lift detection capability of the 6000 well above that of the X coil range I use including the 17 concentric on scrap gold at depth. This is my opinion, we do not all share the same opinions because we are individuals working different ground.

Whoops JP we posted together again must get a apX satellite😉 For me until the 6000 has comparable coils to my Z/X combo and the 6000 shows it has depth of the Z/X on the larger stuff I`ll be keeping Z.