5 Cheap Rings And A Fine Silver Chain

I got a chance to go out this morning and hit one of my favorite beaches.  It was not long before I got a large 13.2 g tungsten carbide ring.  That was a good sign.  As it turned out it was a lot of walking before I got another ring.  It was about an hour later.  By this time I had tried my normal beach patterns of zigzag and gridding.  Targets were few but I could see in the distance a bit of a slope to the beach.  I was hopeful of some sloping targets.

They were also out of pattern.  It was then that I tried a new, more scientific pattern.  It is one that you haven't heard described here very often or at all and just as soon as I tried it I found my second ring of the day.  It is the heart ring that looks gold (#2 on the 800) but it is both too light and not marked.  Anyway I continued the new pattern and approach to the beach.  I got some quarters and then another ring (the little silver) and then the deep heart with .925 silver chain that says Italy.  I went back down the pattern and it kept producing the fishing lure and a couple of other things.  This is just the greatest way to detect a beach.

IMG_20210518_183317_425.thumb.jpg.0b1c731f336be5cc4e2d0ddc1d9b58ca.jpg

Let me share with you what I did.  

While I was detecting someone came by on an electric bike.  They left tire tracks.  I used these tracks to tell me where the break in the sand was and that kept me on pattern.  I first went in one direction along the bike tire tracks and then came back in the other direction.  I was careful not to step on the tracks so that my markers would not be erased.  At first the tracks were pretty good at the same distance from the water but the rider decided to go up over the slopes.  That made me question this method but I kept going.  I diligently swung on one side of the tire tracks and then the other.  If I didn't get anything I would go back a full swing away from the other.  When you get a chance to follow some tracks make sure you save one 'pass' for going directly over the tire tracks with your swing.  That is where the good stuff is.  What can be a better pattern on a beach than this?  It is very scientific!  Never trust your detecting to random, unscientific patterns again.  Follow the bikes ... or tire tracks in the dry sand.  That works too.  😇

Anyway ... here was the good stuff.

IMG_20210518_183623_070.thumb.jpg.3777eac3f7df2248a4e1358b0d54635a.jpg

Great finds, the heart shaped necklace looks very good.

Good hunting and sometimes it pays off to change things up a little.

One of these days I am going to hit a beach and then maybe find a ring.

Good luck on your next outing.

Great stuff, and interesting theory. I wear the first Tungsten ring I found to aid with keeping my trigger finger straight. 😀 Hope you made some people happy with your finds, my wife is wearing the gold ring! 

'Theory?'  haha  It is just a bit of BS to lighten things up!

Go make your own!

I went out today and followed footsteps and got two rings!  One is a silver .925.

IMG_20210519_104746_447.thumb.jpg.8723157c5ac13bb567ff18fe0ede7478.jpgIMG_20210519_123319_074.thumb.jpg.0350bc4d000111809cd914354ce801fd.jpg

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I went out today and followed footsteps and got two rings! 

I wonder if the G ring hits the right spot?

Another great hunt again, and good luck on your next outing.

Next time you should look under towels...

Whaddya want for the G ring? 😁