With the humidity, so are we! But it was cloudy, due to storms that day! I was soaked, but I didn't roast! I just keep the lightning detector app on for warnings! Got it set for a 20 mile perimeter! I can also hear it (lightning) on the detector, but that's not ideal! By then, it's too close to risk!🤯👍👍

On 6/27/2021 at 7:36 PM, schoolofhardNox said:

I've found a couple of those spikes and I'm thinking they are from late 1700's to early 1800's as a guess.

On 6/27/2021 at 7:44 PM, Joe D. said:

Wooden ship spike, and copper sheathing! So based on area probably 1700's-1900's! 👍👍

You Atlantic Coast guys are so nonchalant with your 'early' European influence finds.  Kac was dead-panning his 1797 USA mint large cent, too.  Ship spike from a heavily gold laden Spanish Galleon?  Ho hum....  :laugh:

GB,

I don't think that "Kac" guy found that coin with a pan; I believe that is only for them prospector people!! And how do their pans die??  I think he was using one of those detector thingies!🥁😜

I wish that spikes origin was from a Treasure Ship!  But it's quite a bit too far South from the 1715 Fleet's final resting places!🙏  But there were many other smaller wooden ships around this area, like most inlet areas, back in the day! But I'm fine with that!👍

Actually, now that I think about it....  "Could it be?.., a spike from a Templar Ship?.., looking for a place,.., to bury the Holy Grail?..??"  😂👍👍

3 hours ago, Joe D. said:

Actually, now that I think about it....  "Could it be..., a spike from a Templar Ship..., looking for a place..., to bury the Holy Grail...??"  😂👍👍

More likely from one of the pirate ships from down there, just maybe blue beard's ship.

11 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

You Atlantic Coast guys are so nonchalant with your 'early' European influence finds.  Kac was dead-panning his 1797 USA mint large cent, too.  Ship spike from a heavily gold laden Spanish Galleon?  Ho hum....  :laugh:

Oh those things.... they are like pull tabs to us 😆 Seriously we really do appreciate them, but believe it or not, you get used to finding them and kind of expect to find them. It would be the same way if we lived out west....gold coins, silver dollars, meteorites, and S mint coins.

I actually enjoy this type of hunting!  It's not nearly as common here, and requires a little more focus! And no one comes out on the rock's to follow you around and break your concentration!

The potential ankle breaking/a$$ busting threat helps keep your focused on the coil area!😁 And the chance of finding interesting items; I think, is much greater than our constantly renurished beaches!👍👍

I would have to wear snow shoes in that place, Last time I was at an area like that I chipped my elbow and got a few stitches. Only thing I found was my insurance card. Glad you made a good day out of it all.