90 Minutes Field Hunt

Last saturday the weather was fine and the grain was harvested. So I decided a little detecting will be nice. Grabbed the VX3 with the 7" Ultimate DD and headed to one of my favorite fields. Those field is loaded with iron and shrapnel, but a fixed ground balance helps a lot to get the detector stable and do some cherry picking. Two foil bits, a stone like basalt (came in as foil), a mini ball, a button (think prussian ~1900), 1Pfennig 1933, 1Pfennig 1942. Have to come back to this as there seems to be some more...

hunt-1.jpg

hunt-2.jpg

hunt-9.jpg

hunt-8.jpg

hunt-4.jpg

hunt-5.jpg

hunt-6.jpg

hunt-7.jpg

hunt-3.jpg

hunt-3-2.jpg

Great hunting, nice looking coins and buttons.

Good luck on your next outing.

Great stuff, Locator! 👍

I'm intrigued by the 4th photo, is that also some sort of fancy button or maybe a medal? Looks like you have quite the trove of relics out there. 

Nicely done my friend, Great to see some new and interesting stuff pop up. Keep it coming.

22 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

Great stuff, Locator! 👍

I'm intrigued by the 4th photo, is that also some sort of fancy button or maybe a medal? Looks like you have quite the trove of relics out there. 

Oh yes, I see, F350Platinum. When I dug this up I thought it was another shrapnel, but after I brushed off some dirt it looks like some kind of a brass ornament from a horse harness.

I really like to hunt this site.