It is amazing to see what you are able to find in a single hunt. I hunt 99% of the time in the turf, and my gold total for 3 years is what you find in a week. Right place and lots of hard work on your part.👍

Do you hang onto your rings, or do you sell them for scrap once you get a certain amount? If you don't sell them, do you have a pic with all of them in one place? I bought a couple detectors from a guy in Salt Lake City years back. While at his house, he took me to his detecting finds part of the basement. He had a substantial bunch of gold rings he had found all hanging on a large carabiner that astonished me, as I had never found anything gold up to that point. It was an inspiration to see. I emulate him a bit. I just use a much smaller carabiner so it looks like it is loaded with gold rings.😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Againstmywill said:

It is amazing to see what you are able to find in a single hunt. I hunt 99% of the time in the turf, and my gold total for 3 years is what you find in a week. Right place and lots of hard work on your part.👍

Do you hang onto your rings, or do you sell them for scrap once you get a certain amount? If you don't sell them, do you have a pic with all of them in one place? I bought a couple detectors from a guy in Salt Lake City years back. While at his house, he took me to his detecting finds part of the basement. He had a substantial bunch of gold rings he had found all hanging on a large carabiner that astonished me, as I had never found anything gold up to that point. It was an inspiration to see. I emulate him a bit. I just use a much smaller carabiner so it looks like it is loaded with gold rings.😁

Thank you!

I sold all in late 2012 when I was sick. I do regret selling then. The last 7 years I've saved most, I have them locked away in a bank in another state. Occasionally, I will have a friend pull them out for me and I'll add to, get a few pictures (or video) then put them back. Someday my grandsons will hopefully be the beneficiaries, if I taught my daugther correctly on how to get the most out of them.  I'm very Blessed that I don't need to melt them, but I do send my silver in for melt and do good with that..

A side note, If I hunted the land only my ring count would be about 1 a year, if that.

Inked20200916_124909_LI.jpg

• Like 8

Joe and the rings are amazing.

What do you think is the oldest swimming gold ring you found ... either by actual date or style.  I just wonder how long these swimming holes were used before they became resort destinations.

I guess that is in the history of the two books I bought about the area.

• Like 1

Very nice finds and may the gold gods guide you to the perfect place before winter.

Good luck on your next hunt and stay safe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

I had a chance to see how well the Nox 800 with stock coil did against my 10 inch coil Stealth Excalibur. In short, I have nothing to worry about from the Nox's. No doubt the best machine to have on fresh drop beaches, but when the targets are very deep, I'm not even sure the 15 inch coil on the Nox would help.

Hey Joe can you elaborate on this a little bit more...How the machines were set up? Do you hunt in pin point with the Excal? what mode was the fella with the Nox hunting in?  I've found the Nox to be a good deep machine on the wet beach...the Gold modes on the Nox are the deepest hitting... I have been surprised how deep my Excal with the 8 inch coil can get me sometimes..

strick

• Like 1

On 10/25/2021 at 8:45 AM, strick said:

Hey Joe can you elaborate on this a little bit more...How the machines were set up? Do you hunt in pin point with the Excal? what mode was the fella with the Nox hunting in?  I've found the Nox to be a good deep machine on the wet beach...the Gold modes on the Nox are the deepest hitting... I have been surprised how deep my Excal with the 8 inch coil can get me sometimes..

strick

I know the Nox was running beach 2 with a threshold.. Does that sound right? And remember my Excalibur's are not stock, many modifications.. and I hunt in PP/All metal.  I've taken CZ20/21, and other Excalibur hunters and they can't hear the targets either.... I've hunted along side Nox's before but this is the first time that I went thru and picked out faints for them to check and dig. And for the record I did have one guy that had a HOT CZ21, that thing could hear all I heard and even deeper then my Excalibur.. He was getting a 6 gram gold ring at 16-18 inches.. My excal was getting it at 14..and this was on the Jersey shores several years ago...I have done several upgrades to the Excalibur since but that CZ21 was as deep as the "AQ" is..

So what I did, I would find deep faints targets for John in PP using my Excalibur. Most I would have to remove two scoops..about 10 inches? For him to find the targets. He did hear them then but they gave a iron signal ......after a scoop or two he would get a discriminated silver tone .......John is a excellent land hunter, and hunts the water but mostly fresh drop beaches.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Joe and the rings are amazing.

What do you think is the oldest swimming gold ring you found ... either by actual date or style.  I just wonder how long these swimming holes were used before they became resort destinations.

I guess that is in the history of the two books I bought about the area.

Have several from the late 1800's..but this is the oldest...1861..

SNAG-0000.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Another great hunt. My Nox I was able to get a good 16-18" in the wet , not in the water. My DF went deeper. Nice old ring. A few years ago I got the same script ring dated 1886 , my oldest. It was unique in that the ring had a reeded edge. Like that of a $5 gold , but it was worn down. Wish I still had it our took a pic. It was also around 22k.

• Like 4