Arizona Family Reunion Road Trip!

The Florida Clan wanted to come for a visit and try some of that Arizona Sweet Tea.  Haven’t seen them all in a group for close to 30 years.  But, Robin’s and I trip started on Halloween Day from our home in Reno to Laughlin, NV.  That’s about as far as I can drive in a day!  We cut through Searchlight, NV and passed a couple washes I’d like to revisit.  Next morning we cut out to Wickenburg, AZ for a visit with Friends that just moved there a few months back.  Mike & Yvonne formally from Rural Oregon made the move to Wickenburg for the love of Team Roping and the Hunt for gold.  Didn’t take Mike long to find a Welcome to Arizona Patch which currently is close to a 2-oz patch! (Below in my hand are the fat ones).  Mike took me when we arrived to their home for a short swing!  It was a hill side small drainage wash that feed into the big wash.  I explored the patch and several nearby spots in the Reno Summer like temperature of 87 degrees.  I was roasting when I noticed a Cholla stuck to my Boot which I removed with 2 rocks with a dozen or more of its spears stuck deep into the leather!  Well 1/4 mile more and they worked their way thru the leather and now poking my foot!  We had to leave with no tools to remove needles.  Well off to my Folks and a week of fun with my Family traveling the sights from the Grand Canyon, Sedona and Tombstone.  Heading back we stopped at Mike & Yvonne’s again for a longer hunt and then hit the local Rodeo grounds for dinner and some cold beers.   Again, it was more than warm for this Northern Nevada guy.  We seen some likely hills with some colors we liked.  I was 3 gullies over (1/2 mile). I just worked up the side hill wash to the top of the hill and swung over to the next wash to work down it and repeat.  I heard Mike say, hey the old timers worked this one!  Sure enough old dry wash piles.  I was up at the head of the wash and he was midway swing up.  I pulled a dink nugget out and then Mike got on a string of nuggets.  Sure there was some trash, but there’s 9 little nuggets the old timers left us!  We know there is more to find at this spot, but water was getting real low and cold beer was at the Rodeo Grounds.  Off we went leaving the new patch to catch it’s breath after a 30 minute beating.  There’s still plenty of ground to explore in this old placer area(s) of Morristown!  What a great Vacation and yes, we are home to nice and cool Reno 😂. Until the Next Hunt

LuckyLundy

A21F8D95-8321-4157-8250-217232D4D875.jpeg

8C26E6BD-4762-488A-88FD-069B11255F0C.jpeg

Good times and good gold, WTG!

Now that was a great vacation with something to remember it by.

Hope you have more time to clean those areas up.

Good luck on your next hunt.

10 minutes ago, Valens Legacy said:

Now that was a great vacation with something to remember it by.

Hope you have more time to clean those areas up.

Good luck on your next hunt.

There’s several lifetimes of hills and washes in that Country to swing on.  Weather is nice in Northern Nevada, might have to get out and try my luck before the ground freezes!

Rick

4 minutes ago, LuckyLundy said:

might have to get out and try my luck before the ground freezes!

Just be careful of critters this time of year and carry a multi tool with you to remove thorns.

I found a nice one at a retail shop for $8 that new they were $90, it slips on my belt and and even has a lot of uses.

10 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Just be careful of critters this time of year and carry a multi tool with you to remove thorns.

I found a nice one at a retail shop for $8 that new they were $90, it slips on my belt and and even has a lot of uses.

Thanks for the heads up!  Did, I mention we went to the Rodeo too! 😂