How Did Your 2021 Gold Tally Up?

Aureous

The Bridge has wings and a comfy seat.....but usually poor food. Lots of good prospecting tour operators here to point you in the right direction and get you started here in Oz. Book a flight and stay for at least 3 months....you'll have the time of your life!  

Errrrrk ! You mean ,,,,,without my "Expedition Vehicle ????🙃 

Wahhhhhh  , skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh 

At that find level , I could hire Musk to build a stainless steel one ! I hear he has a nice scrap pile going.........

Long-time lurker, 1st time poster.

Thought it's about time I contribute something!

Love this forum. Happy new year 2021 and let's all hope 2022 is great year for us all!

My season is about 4-5 months of good prospecting conditions, and a few months of limited conditions. I guess my total was about 14 oz for the season,  with a new personal best of a 5.3 oz piece.  Here is a pic of my better bits.

Screenshot_20211214-220126_Messenger.jpg

Very nice gold indeed folks and I love seeing such varieties/characters and who/from where.  It just goes to show there is still good gold being discovered and will be in 2022.

My total pieces are tough to count as I probably gave 20-30 nuggets away in 2021, even a couple nice specimens.  I'd say I recovered probably only 120 to 130 pieces of gold with a few nice specimens.  Never did find a really nice whopper this year, but I did manage to see some amazing gold recovered by my friends.

I found the most nuggets in 2021 with a GPX-6000 but also found them with EQ-800, GPZ-7000, Gold Bug-2, Gold Monster 1000.  Next year I'll add the Garrett 24K and the XP Deus II to the (been there done that) list.

Hard to tell what my total weight was for 2021 as some of them were specimens but I would say 12 to 14 ounces with 3 to 4 ounces of gold.  I know for a fact I found over an ounce of solid nuggets with the GPX-6000.

Was able to detect 6 states in 2021 and had success in all of them.  Hopefully I can add CA and CO to 2022?

Again, just like I have done the last few years, the majority of best pieces were found in trashy areas using the VLF detectors.

Here's a few pics of 2021 success.

2021D.jpg

2021BB.jpg

2021K.jpg

2021O.jpg