** Lost Gold At The Dead Man's Mine ** A Miners Journal **

On My Way To You.

• Like 1

That was a great decision to call the season on a great pile of gold. Hard work to say the least but everyone went home with a nice cache for the winter. Next spring it could start off again with a bang if you felt the glory hole was not yet complete. Great story. Hope there is more to come.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mike Furness said:

That was a great decision to call the season on a great pile of gold. Hard work to say the least but everyone went home with a nice cache for the winter. Next spring it could start off again with a bang if you felt the glory hole was not yet complete. Great story. Hope there is more to come.

Thank you Mike. You were one of the biggest supporters of the journal. There were some others as well. Many thanks to those people.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GhostMiner said:

Thank you Mike. You were one of the biggest supporters of the journal. There were some others as well. Many thanks to those people.

I always wondered who was reading it. Notifications were usually by the same 20 or 30 people so I have no idea who they all were. Probably never will. 

• Like 2

A few final thoughts. The Journal represents freedom. It's about mining crews from different generations all after the same thing. Freedom. For these men gold gave them the freedom they wanted and needed. Free from society and all its rules and overlapping laws. The freedom to not answer to anyone but their fellow miners. Gold gave us what we needed. We weren't bound to follow.  See you out in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mineit said:

ghost I'm a gold miner in Alaska that really enjoys your stories

thank you again Doug

Thanks Doug. 

Just now, Ken Walls said:

I have read this since day one, check in almost everyday. Its been a great read.

Many thanks.