Light Day But Great Ending!

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

One more goodie disguized as a Stinkin' Zincoln.  😏  (Just finished watching episode 2 on History Channel about the man himself...)  And your dime/2 is even from first half of 19th Century -- very nice!  Do you remember how deep it was?

About 4" deep, probably why the signal was so persistent. I'll dig any 16-25 if it disappears with the coil greater than a foot above the ground. I think coins sound better than aluminum. 😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Beautiful half dime and some interesting relics, I hope you find some more silver near that location.

Good luck on your next hunt.

You told me to get out there and get some silver! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nice 350, I am getting more and more interested in coin and relic prospecting reading post like this.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MSC said:

Nice 350, I am getting more and more interested in coin and relic prospecting reading post like this.  

I see you have some of the best detectors out there! Wow. 👍 Do you also like posts from SchoolofHardNox? He uses detectors of the same quality as you.

Thing is, I'm living in an area that was settled and incorporated almost 400 years ago, and it has not changed much. This place is insanely rife with relics and old coins. I'll be posting another hunt later today. 😀 I'm retired and can get out a lot, because usually it's right out my front door... That's what may make it look easy. I also have to maintain good relations with a lot of people, you have to earn trust for sure.

I'm not sure there's much money in it, but it's damn fun and interesting, especially doing research after the hard work. I've only been doing it for a year and a half now, and all I have is an Equinox 600. I am looking at others. 🙂

Wow!  Congrats on the half dime!   Such a neat little coin.  I’ve never even found a seated coin, but a seated half dime would be more preferable than a seated dime or even a seated quarter to me.  BTW, my buddy dug three half dimes in one hunt this past weekend.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Wow!  Congrats on the half dime!   Such a neat little coin.  I’ve never even found a seated coin, but a seated half dime would be more preferable than a seated dime or even a seated quarter to me.  BTW, my buddy dug three half dimes in one hunt this past weekend.  

Yikes! Were they older than seated dimes? Too bad you didn't get one. 😂

For a compromise it turned out great. 😀

25 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yikes! Were they older than seated dimes? Too bad you didn't get one. 😂

For a compromise it turned out great. 😀

I wasn’t with him when he found them. They were dated 1853, 1850 and 1847.  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

You told me to get out there and get some silver!

Now go back for some more!

• Haha 1