Light Day But Great Ending!

Nice half dime. I always thought those were a cool coin to dig, along with 2cent pieces and trimes. Obsolete denomination coins are the best coins to dig. Now you know there are old coins in that field!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, schoolofhardNox said:

Nice half dime. I always thought those were a cool coin to dig, along with 2cent pieces and trimes. Obsolete denomination coins are the best coins to dig. Now you know there are old coins in that field!

We've pulled 3 silvers from this area, me a seated dime and half dime, and Chase got a ~1650 half real cob, his first Spanish silver coin. The field is huge as a whole, but it's divided by crop type. There are places where there was more activity than others, and some of it (closer to the old house) has been hunted heavily.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Gold Seeker said:

Nice half-dime, I think that's a type 3, I think type 2s are "No Drapery"

Thanks, updated post. I got that info doing field research, should always dig deeper. Apparently there was only one type of this dime. 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, kac said:

Surprised you went home after 🙂

Good way to end the day on a high note.

Thanks, I had an afternoon appointment, so I walked the same field for a bit more with no luck. Going back tomorrow to try to do what I wanted to do today. 😀

• Like 3

3 hours ago, F350Platinum said:

a solid 19/20 that just wouldn't change no matter what angle. I thought "great, another penny anyway"...

One more goodie disguized as a Stinkin' Zincoln.  😏  (Just finished watching episode 2 on History Channel about the man himself...)  And your dime/2 is even from first half of 19th Century -- very nice!  Do you remember how deep it was?

• Like 1

Beautiful half dime and some interesting relics, I hope you find some more silver near that location.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1