White's MX Sport - Sweet Home, We Have A Problem

dbsmokey

You may have been better to hand carry it to White's door. For what it's worth I hope you get it back soon.

I still wonder if they have to open it up to reprogram it. With the extra pins on the coil plug just maybe that gives them access to program.

Within a month we may have more coils for the MX Sport to spend our money on. I have the 6 x 10 now and I knew the package was coming but didn't want it. If the 9.5 coil was 6 inch I'd jump on it with both feet. I guess we'll just have to sit back and wait to see what next comes out of White's.

Chuck

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, tboykin said:

Our factory has been cranking. Usually the parking lot empties out by 3:30. I leave at 4:30 and it's still been full most days. But they're building new machines there, don't think they're flashing the firmware on the line. I think the updates are happening in repairs. I've been checking in with Todd every day and he says they're keeping on top of things. So chin up!

The main reason for 2 week turnaround is shipping times I think. East Coast to West Coast takes a while in a round trip.

Tom I think shipping companies are the weakest link in the chain, I ordered something that was 30 miles away and it took 8 days, It don't matter if you fix em in an hour when you are relying on third parties anything can happen.

25 minutes ago, Ridge Runner said:

dbsmokey

You may have been better to hand carry it to White's door. For what it's worth I hope you get it back soon.

I still wonder if they have to open it up to reprogram it. With the extra pins on the coil plug just maybe that gives them access to program.

Within a month we may have more coils for the MX Sport to spend our money on. I have the 6 x 10 now and I knew the package was coming but didn't want it. If the 9.5 coil was 6 inch I'd jump on it with both feet. 

Chuck

I wish I could have had the time off work to make the 90 minute trek, but didn't.  I agree about the 6" coil; or better yet 8".  The go-to coil on my XLT and IDX Pro was the royal 800;. It performed better than the 950 in my soils without too much depth loss. 

dbsmokey

One of the main reasons to hand carry my MXS to White's is see the inside. It would be for me a great thing to see the MX Sport being put together from start to finish. 

I remember my BFO in 66 had three tubes and it may have had three batteries too. Then when the 66 TR came out it was in this big metal box as the BFO. The funny part was the electronics was about a forth the size of the BFO had. The meter it had covered from one sit to the other of the box.

Oh times past and I want to go forward.

Chuck.

Well I called White's and had to leave a message with the repair department.   I didn't get a call back.  I'm beginning to wonder if  this is going to go sour.  I hope not!  

dbsmokey

I'd think it would quicker to build a detector. Than to go back and take it apart to fix something. Remember it's waterproof but now I got to put it back together and still call it waterproof. Anytime you remove a seal and put it back everything has got to be just right. If it's not it will leak and then you have to take it apart again and put a new seal. Unless White's  know they have a sure thing on the seals they use it's got to be tested some how.

I know what I said is not helping you to get your detector back sooner. The thing is we were not happy with the program and White's were willing to change it. We're on a trip and we got to ride it out to the end.  I do believe we'll be happy with the end results.

Chuck 

A good question for Mr Boykin might be to ask if they need to dissemble the detector to reprogram it?  I would hope if they were thinking ahead when they designed it they can just plug into it somewhere without disassembly?  

14 hours ago, dbsmokey said:

Well I called White's and had to leave a message with the repair department.   I didn't get a call back.  I'm beginning to wonder if  this is going to go sour.  I hope not!  

We're still a family-owned business in a small town, so our staff is limited. Connie is only one person and if she's on the phone with someone else or at home (we close at 4:30pm PST) you might have to leave a message. The sky is not falling.

12 hours ago, Roughwater said:

A good question for Mr Boykin might be to ask if they need to dissemble the detector to reprogram it?  I would hope if they were thinking ahead when they designed it they can just plug into it somewhere without disassembly?  

The techs currently have to open the unit to reprogram it. Then re-seal after the firmware flash. The plug and play updating has been on their radar for a while, and that's all I can say about it.

2 hours ago, tboykin said:

We're still a family-owned business in a small town, so our staff is limited. Connie is only one person and if she's on the phone with someone else or at home (we close at 4:30pm PST) you might have to leave a message. The sky is not falling.

Just so you know, I got ahold of White's and they had no record of receiving it. I had to go through a process whereby I proved that the shipping label was created and she was actually able to find it. I don't know if I appreciate your flippant attitude towards this but I knew there was something wrong! Whites, of course will make it right in the end.

Sorry if that came across as harsh, no disrespect intended. I have a dry sense of humor that may or may not come across via text. It's good that you followed your instincts on following up, that's usually the best way to go.