Got My Deus 2 Today, Short Hunt In Hammered Area

Congrats on your new detector Bob!   I’m sure the more you use it and get to know it, the more you’ll like it.  Since getting my deus 2 I’ve only used my equinox for about an hour.  I’m thinking of mounting the 6” coil on it for detail work until deus comes out with a smaller coil for the deus 2.  

Good luck with your new deus!

22 minutes ago, NCtoad said:

Congrats on your new detector Bob!   I’m sure the more you use it and get to know it, the more you’ll like it.  Since getting my deus 2 I’ve only used my equinox for about an hour.  I’m thinking of mounting the 6” coil on it for detail work until deus comes out with a smaller coil for the deus 2.  

Good luck with your new deus!

Thanks NC. I've got the 10x5 on the Equinox, I think possibly combined with the 600 it's a killer "beginner" combo. Wish it was easy to lug two detectors around, but I plan to do just that soon on my golf cart. I'm going to use one, flag the target and then use the other to see if results are the same. I really want to identify the strengths and weaknesses of both. Might be useful!

On 3/31/2022 at 3:33 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Yeah.  Deep HC is the way to go in your neck of the woods processing mode.

Congrats and please leave something in the ground for me to dig on my next visit down south, will ya.  :laugh:

🙂 Odd that I zeroed right in on that. Not really, been hanging around ya too much 😁 Seriously, it seemed the logical choice after listening to some of the others. Thanks for the tips and advice, today's a good day to play indoors with the big storms coming.

I put this post in MDAC for a reason. Gotta say that the Equinox 600 was a lucky start for me, as I mentioned to a new guy it's got narrower settings so you really can't screw it up too much. I think had I jumped right on the 800 I might have been more frustrated.

I doubted there was much more to find in my heavily searched spots but with the specific talents of the Deus it should net a bit more, and it did.

I certainly have no regrets adding the Deus, and doubt the Equinox will gather dust.  It's time for me to expand my interrogation ability for sure. 👍 

I realized at some point that I've been using a more rudimentary but similar mindset with the Equinox. I used 4khz a lot on your suggestions in the past.

The warm days are coming now, got 2 weeks to get ready for Savannah and get my yard in order, but if you get a minute let me know. I'm sure there will be finds in some of the old places this fall regardless.

Speaking of "long drive states", try getting out of Florida to any other state; the most boring drive, and takes forever!😂👍👍

24 minutes ago, Joe D. said:

Speaking of "long drive states", try getting out of Florida to any other state; the most boring drive, and takes forever!😂👍👍

Been there, done that. 🤣 

You guys are amusing.

I have a buddy that just got a Deus II 9" coil about a week ago. He is good with a detector, but not one to dive in willy nilly messing with settings. Actually this hunt was the first time he had ever actually hunted with it. I don't think he had ever swung it over any coins either. Just using the General program I watched him dig 4 silvers and a token or 2 out of a virgin yard with a fair amount of trash. I swung over a couple of these silver with my Equinox. It hit them fine. I was surprised though with how easily and consistent the I.D. on coins were compared to the Deus I. Basically what I'm saying is he wasn't digging a lot of trash thinking it was coins. The I.D.'s were pretty solid too. I was actually impressed.