D2 For The Win, Oldest Silver To Date! Cw Bullets To Boot.

14 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Yeah I've dug quite a bit of Spanish silver, even a 1690 cob. None of it worth much, but in Karma points it's a fortune to me 🙂

I'd trade this dime for digging a 4 or bigger reales  those things are just cool! Imo and 2nd hand cool according to Lt.col nutnfancy that trumps all!

Actually Ebay *sold* items (not asking prices) are a good way to evaluate coins, assuming proper grading.  Yes, that 1895-O is the key to the Barber dime series (ignoring the 1894-S which is retirement level value -- only 24 minted...).

As mentioned by F350, coins that have been professionally graded and sealed (PCGS and NGC are the biggies and most respected, but there are  others) bring a premium price but their grading cost accounts for some of that.  PCGS pricing assumes they've graded it.   It's also a retail price, not what a non-dealer will likely get.  Red Book has typical retail prices for coins that have not been professionally graded.

Bottom line -- excellent find!

Always nice to pluck a silver out of the ground, rest the day usually goes downhill from there.

Congrats

55 minutes ago, kac said:

Always nice to pluck a silver out of the ground, rest the day usually goes downhill from there.

Congrats

For sure hard to keep up with the adrenaline dumping, 3rd to last hole today! Thunderstorm incoming and I was omw out! Happy hunting.

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Actually Ebay *sold* items (not asking prices) are a good way to evaluate coins, assuming proper grading.  Yes, that 1895-O is the key to the Barber dime series (ignoring the 1894-S which is retirement level value -- only 24 minted...).

As mentioned by F350, coins that have been professionally graded and sealed (PCGS and NGC are the biggies and most respected, but there are  others) bring a premium price but their grading cost accounts for some of that.  PCGS pricing assumes they've graded it.   It's also a retail price, not what a non-dealer will likely get.  Red Book has typical retail prices for coins that have not been professionally graded.

Bottom line -- excellent find!

I've always wanted to send one off to be graded,do you know rough estimate of cost for that? I couldn't believe it when I scrolled down past $15 ebay prices to coinbook first then my pcgs app to see it's rare! I dont find rare anything's but my wife! Haha

Thanks

21 minutes ago, Commonwealthdetector said:

I've always wanted to send one off to be graded,do you know rough estimate of cost for that?

For a non-regular to get a single coin graded, with certified shipping and insurance, I'd guess $60-$80 range.  You can e-mail them and ask for an estimate.

Keep in mind that any damage due to having come from the ground or from overzealous cleaning will garner extra (negative) attention in the grading report.

2 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

For a non-regular to get a single coin graded, with certified shipping and insurance, I'd guess $60-$80 range.  You can e-mail them and ask for an estimate.

Keep in mind that any damage due to having come from the ground or from overzealous cleaning will garner extra (negative) attention in the grading report.

It has minor scratches from rocks. Water and wipe with a finger and in the coin container was or is my process! I didn't realize it was special before even posting this and then looking it up but being somewhat of a coin collector amatuer I knew not to take the brushes to it!:) heck to get a cool ngc pcgs case $80 may be well worth. I'll have to get serious on this. Thanks again. I need more curb strips I'm done with spider webbed woods after this find,although random woods finds me the best coin I may ever dig! Lol silly world

Btw guys my version is 13-01-2022 should I be updating? Version 0.6 13-01-2022 or atleast best I can gather from infos.

Great hunt with a fantastic find, good luck on your next outing.

5 hours ago, Valens Legacy said:

Great hunt with a fantastic find, good luck on your next outing.

Thank you valens, good luck to you as well!